G4 or iMac


macrumors 601
Original poster
Last July I bought a 733Mhz Quizksilver G4. It screams!! I do amatuer video project work with FCP3. I am wondering if you think I should try to sell it and buy a 800 iMac with a Superdrive (big plus as DVD burning would be nice) o just wait until DVD-R drives decrease in price and put one of those in the second optical drive?


macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Stick with what you got. The iMac's bus speed and lack of a cache would make it less ideal for pro applications.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.