GA Atty General refuses to sign onto anti-healthcare lawsuit, gets impeachment threat

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by CaptMurdock, Mar 29, 2010.

1. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Georgia Attorney General Faces Impeachment Threat After Refusing To File Anti-Health Care Lawsuit.

I swear, the Republicans remind me of a child who, having not gotten his way, decides to hold his breath until the parents capitulate to his demands.
    I also find it interesting that Attorney General Thurbert Baker, a Democrat, is challenging the incumbent Republican Governor "Sonny" Purdue in the upcoming gubernatorial campaign. What a coincidink...;)

2. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

If I were a conspiratal cynic, I'd say this was an attempt by the Georgia GOP to elevate Baker's chances of winning the Dem nomination for governor - since he would be easier for them to beat than current Dem frontrunner and former governor Roy Barnes.

Meanwhile in Washington state, Governor Gregoire is condemning their Attorney General for proceeding with an anti-health care lawsuit without her permission or knowledge.

3. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Republicans are the party of "fiscal conservatism". The GA AG (love that palindrome) wants nothing to do with this lawsuit because he says it has no merit, is not viable, and will waste tax dollars. So they want to impeach him - for trying to save the taxpayers money. How about that for irony?

(Not to mention the Republicans are the ones always touting "tort reform" to reduce frivolous lawsuits.)

4. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

There's a similar situation developing in Arizona, as well. The state AG Terry Goddard has stated that the cost of engaging in a lawsuit is significant and unlikely to be successful.