Gaddafi had an iphone on him when he was caught!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Ramio, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I was watching a video in arabic about the rebel unit that arrested Gaddafi and they show the suitcase they found with him. Forward to 1:59 and you can clearly see on the left that he owned a 3g or a 3gs. Just thought it was cool!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdEQnH5Rbw4

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Not surprising, he loved his luxuries while most of his country suffered. A true dictator!!!!

3. Ramio thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ramio

He should have downloaded Find my Friends because he sure did not have any around when they caught him :D

4. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

lol

5. MacHunter420 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

What part of the country suffered? The one that got 50k in USA equivalent curreny to bu a house when they got married? Or was it the 0% interest free loans the banks were required to give by law, you know nothing about that man! This was nothing but a hostile takeover by the Rothschild bankers of an independen and free country.

6. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

In an effort to grab page views, or so it's speculated, the blogosphere is already drawing comparisons between he & Jobs. I say this would have never occurred if not for the timing of the two deaths.

7. thenerdal macrumors 65816

Who is Gaddafi? I don't really keep up with real news.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

9. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Better watch out. The NTC will probably be knocking at your door soon. :rolleyes:

10. MayBee macrumors 6502

11. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

12. Ramio thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ramio

What you say might be true but look at the big picture. Libya is a very wealthy country with a yearly oil income of $50 billion yet the infrastructure of Libya is that of a poor African country. With that kind of money, Libya could easily become the next big world city. I know Nato did not help the Libyans for the sake of being nice and expect some kind of payback but sometimes you have to deal with the devil to get rid of a bigger devil. Also, what gives Gaddafi or any dictator for that matter the right to own a country. A country belongs to the people not to one man so no matter how you look at it, Gaddafis death is a good thing for Libya.

13. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

an iPhone and a Gold Gun ... his data plan has now been cancelled.

Attached Files:

14. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

15. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Former leader of Libya, he was the longest running leader in Africa.

16. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

17. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

He played a much larger scale game; Angry Citizens.

18. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Think Stinger missiles can home-in on an iPhone signal?

19. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

Looks like location services were not switched off when the missile struck.. OOPS......

20. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Cool?

No. A nasty dictator supported by the West for years. I lost friends in the uprising. I don't actually care if he had an iPhone or not. Not everyone who owns one is a desired Apple client.

21. MacHamster68, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

ey great, one man here who has a sence for reality and doesn't live in a dreamworld
    Gaddafi had to disappear , as he was a thread for Israel and the USA and the UK , no not because of terror.
    he was the one who created the African Union , to stop the exploitation of Africa by western corporations and governments . He did a proposal for Isratin to permanently resolve the Israeli–Palestinian conflict through a secular, federalist, republican one-state solution
    Libya's population includes 1.7 million students, over 270,000 of whom study at the tertiary level. Basic education in Libya is free for all citizens, and compulsory to secondary level. The literacy rate is the highest in North Africa; over 82% of the population can read and write.
    it is the most advanced state in Africa and only got there with Gaddafi and considering Libya was for a long time under embargo he did very well .
    In 2009 Libya had the highest HDI in Africa and the fourth highest GDP (PPP) per capita in Africa, behind Seychelles, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon. Libya has the 10th-largest proven oil reserves of any country in the world and the 17th-highest petroleum production

And to some who think he was a Dictator, and ok in a sense he was ,but better a Dictator like Gaddafi then some elected President or Chancellor who only cares for their own pockets and the pockets of some corporations ..just look what your government(dont need to be specific as its in every western country the same ) does since years now to restrict your freedom with some pointless anti terror laws which in essence only make it possible for the Governments to strip the population of their rights whenever they like .

22. MacHamster68, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

so you still believe in the myth of democracy in the western world , how naive must one be :confused:
    Libya is not a free state now , now they are ruled by the USA and now the oil goes for cheap to the USA and the middle class in Libya will suffer under the so called democracy , they never did under Gaddafi ,the poverty will rise again , they will soon have less students and educated people , because it cant be of interest to have highly educated people in a country that owns oil reserves , you need people who ask how high if America says jump

i once was absolute pro USA and had at one point even plans to immigrate , but the United Stated made every effort to convince me that it would be better if i want to keep my freedom and wealth to immigrate to Russia or China