Galaxy S3 vs iphone4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eager Beaver, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

How do you think these 2 phones will compare to each other?
    Might you trade the 4s for the GS3?

2. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Seems a bit to early to tell. Everything is simply just speculated rumors at this point.

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Won't be a fair comparison.

But SGS3 would be a beast, spec wise.

4. irDigital0l Guest

Wait...did you just compared a released phone with an unreleased phone?

Save this for iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy 3 next year. Gonna be a good fight.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The Galaxy S3 is not rumored to be released until Q2 of 2012.

Q2 is when rumors for the next generation iPhone will start to pick up, so how about we meet back then to discuss those product once we actually have something to discuss.

OP, I can see that your user name "Eager Beaver" fits the personality.

6. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

7. Eager Beaver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

We know by past experiences that the "new" iphone won't be release til Oct, (and it will prolly be a huge fiasco) -

The new SGS3 will prolly be out in q1 or q2, so that's why I asked if you would just try one for 6 months to check it out - (btw - you don't have to post in this thread, you can simply move on if u don't like it)

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If we're going by past experiences, then the iPhone 4S should have been released in June/july like the previous 4 iPhone.

and I know that I don't have to post, I chose to.

9. Eager Beaver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

Who says, you? - lol :rolleyes:

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You said
    I responded
    Meaning we can't judge by past experiences.

11. DanteMann macrumors 6502

When comparing phones you compare whatever is currently on the market by each manufacturer. So the SGS2 has to be compared to the 4S, regardless that the SGS2 is 7 months old now. That being said, once the SGS3 is released, then the 4S is compared up against the SGS3. And in turn the SGS3 will be compared to the iPhone 5. It has nothing to do with what is considered a fair comparison, it has everything to do with comparing phones that are currently on the market for purchase. It's all fair.
    That being said, the SGS3 will be another industry leader of form and function just like the SGS2 is still the best phone on the market. It's not voted phone of the year by T3 and What HiFi for nothing. Mobile World Congress 2012 can't come soon enough.

12. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

If only Samsung's line of Galaxy S phones would come with stock Android. TouchWiz is ugly no matter which way you spin it. I think Ice Cream Sandwich is slick and stable enough to stand on its own, without the need for the OEM to bastardize it.

13. matttye macrumors 601

The galaxy s2 still has some of the best hardware on the market - definitely in the top 5 - so the galaxy s3 will be an absolute beast.

It will dominate the 4s in terms of specs. People will mainly choose between the two because of the os.

Whilst I don't know what hardware the galaxy s3 will have, I'm speculating based on the fact that the last two galaxy s phones have dominated the competition at release.

14. ApplesAndOrangs macrumors regular

Well it would be nice if it came out, first.

In the end, Apple fans won't trade, because they are in love with iOS and the design. But the newbies will probably flock to the S3.

15. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Seeing that the old school 4S is toast compared to the SG2, it is hardly fair to compare the 4S to the unreleased SG3.

:p

16. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's obvious that most high end Android phones will have better specs than the iPhone. Apple has never been a spec whore...just take a look at their MacBook line compared to other high end laptops that cost the same.

I know one thing, it won't run as smoothe as Apple-that's where Apple stands apart from the competition.

17. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

No way will I be getting rid of my 4S for a SGS3. I had an SGS2 and didn't like most of it to be fair, maybe ICS may persuade me a little though.

18. Eager Beaver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

When folks don't like something about a new non-iphone, why do they refuse to post what they don't like about it? It's almost like lying to us "I didn't like most of it" :rolleyes:

19. ApplesAndOrangs macrumors regular

Toast? Care to show how?

20. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Is like saying the asus transformer (with quad core ) and the iPad 3????
    Anyways I think is sad how the galaxy nexus still lags sometimes with a 1.2gz duel core and 1GB of ram, or how some tablets like the xoom lag compare to iPad 1 is like they can't get it right , looks like cores aren't fixing android , only if they could code it right, and don't say I'm a fanboy I got a nexus s as well but I prefer my apps on iPhone (besides is my personal phone and the nexus s I used it as my work phone )

21. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

If the SGSII had the SAMOLED HD display from the Nexus, some better battery life, and ICS, it's probably be a no-brainer for me - I'd choose it over the iPhone 4S.

Obviously the SGS3 will be be even better than that. So for me, yes, the SGS3 owns the iPhone 4S hands down.

Just remember, it's all relative to the user. Also, specs don't neccesarely determine anything.

22. DanteMann macrumors 6502

You can bet the SGS3 will be a good jump from the SGS2. Samsung's history shows they don't play the "small refresh every year" game. The Galaxy S line is on a 1 year cycle, so every year you get a true upgrade from last years tech. This is how it should be. I buy a phone now, and 2 years later I upgrade to a phone that has 2 years worth of upgrades and leading the industry.

23. mark28 macrumors 68000

That is just a complete lie. Prior to this weekend, I thought Andriod was slow and laggy based on what people have been telling on this forum.

This weekend I tried my niece SGS 2. The SGS 2 doesn't lag or stutter, it's extremely smooth, fast and stuff opens instantly. It totally destroys the iPhone 4 in terms of smoothness and snappiest.

24. kaizenmx macrumors regular

Quoted for ******ng truth!

25. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Dude that's only from one device to another and you no another truth fact you won't get the latest OS , and Samsung them self said so, so I wouldnt get my hopes up, the GS2 is a great device and I like it too, but Samsung always use cheap materials(plastic) and doesn't support all their phones after a few months, btw ICS almost a month out and my damn nexus s doesn't have it yet :( google is disappointed me :(