Galaxy S7 edge has the lowest SAR value among the top 10 popular smartphones

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Tsepz, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Tsepz macrumors 65816

Tsepz

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/11/25/galaxy-s7-edge-lowest-sar-top-10-smartphones/

2. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

3. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Excellent. Not enough attention is paid to this data. But those of us who have had brushes with cancer find ourselves starting to pay more heed to such things. At least myself and another mom I know are paying more attention. It is good to know you don't need to put up with high SAR rating to get a good cellular performance.

4. epicrayban macrumors 603

epicrayban

5. Tsepz thread starter macrumors 65816

Tsepz

This is fantastic! :D
    I must say, it does do a great job at keeping signal, certainly far better than iPhones, we have a 6S and 7 Plus at home, and 2 S7 Edges as well as a Note 4, the Samsungs can get around 2 solid bars of LTE in places the iPhones do nothing but jump around between LTE and EDGE, and don't load data. My mother has had to resort to getting signal boosters at our family home, to ensure everyone's phones get solid network, because anyone with an iPhone would struggle.

I am so sorry to hear that!

Indeed, its great to know Samsung have ensured the SAR is very well under control.

Shocking to see some almost 4times over what S7 Edge is.

6. altenae, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016

altenae Suspended

No attention at all !!!

Samsung has one of the lowest SAR rating because they did something about it:

https://www.rfsafe.com/samsung-cell-phones-rated-lowest-radiation-cell-phones/

--
    Samsung adopted an innovative antenna system in 2006 to “enhance handset safety by radiating most of the transmitted RF energy away from the handset user” and improve RF (radio frequency) performance.
    --

That's what I call innovation
    Apple do something about the SAR radiation instead of new emoticons

7. Tsepz thread starter macrumors 65816

Tsepz

Thanks for that @altenae :)

Very interesting read.

Samsung quietly doing something very innovative as usual.