Gamecube overseas

Discussion in 'Games' started by ceruleanventure, Mar 12, 2007.

  1. ceruleanventure macrumors regular


    Jun 12, 2006
    I'm here in London for a few more months and would like to hook up my gamecube (and my friends PS2) which are both US models to our UK television. Does anyone know how to do this and if so, what cables I would need to purchase?

    Thanks :cool:
  2. JDN macrumors 6502a

    Sep 7, 2006
    Lund Sweden {London England}
    It depends what the out put choices are on the consoles, and what the input choices are on the TV. Do you have any more info?

    If you are in the UK then i am assuming you can buy off UK websites.

    has pretty much everything ... so will probably be able to provide what you need.
  3. sb58 macrumors 6502a


    May 14, 2006
    i believe you just need adapter for the different power types. not sure about hooking up to the actual TV though.
  4. ceruleanventure thread starter macrumors regular


    Jun 12, 2006
    Thanks JDN,

    This is going to sound dumb, but the only output cables I have are the three colored ones (AV ? I think) and the tv doesn't have a port for any of those, just a long black slot thingymajig (please don't shoot me, I'm a computer person, not a TVR major) haha

    EDIT: btw I have a power adapter, no probs there
  5. MRU Suspended


    Aug 23, 2005
    Right you need the following.

    1 - a stepdown convertor - UK voltage is 240v

    A stepdown convertor will set you back around £30-40 $50-80

    2 - TV that supports NTSC / PAL 60 This should not be a problem these days, however you may find if you are using composite phono (yellow video - red & white audio) cable some TV's do not accept NTSC/PAL60 signal through anything other than the RGB Scart on an older set.

    Buy an RGB scart cable for the PS2 & Cube (if you can find one for the cube these days)

    Although I'm not sure NTSC Cube actually supports RGB scart. The UK Cube never supported S-Video - so it's quite possible that it doesnt.

Share This Page