Games Forum or Mac Rumors?

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
Here’s just an idea that Arn and Blakespot may want to consider.
I suggest we open a games forum that will have to do with game rumors, rants/raves, favorite games, etc. I think this would do a lot for the Mac gaming community which has very few places to post other then Wintel/AMD forums or forums of specific groups or clans. It would also allow people to see that Games and game communities are not only for Wintel/AMD users. Probably one of the last frontiers of computing Apple haven’t touched (for a while) is gaming. So this would help the Mac community as a whole. That’s my post any comments are welcome.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I think it's a good idea...

but would it create even more bandwidth issues for arn?
Don't worry about the bandwidth issues... :)

If there's enough interest, I'll try anything... but I think there are probably enough dedicated game sites/forums that one here wouldn't add very much

thoughts?

arn

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
All of the above..........

are networkable games.

some (Starcraft, Warcraft) are 3rd person tactical games.

Some (Diablo 2/Lord of Darkness) are 3rd person adventuring games.

some (Quake 3 Arena, Unreal Tournament) are kill-happy 1st person shooters which play like a cross between paintball and a film reviewed in Fangoria magazine. Lots of high-end 3d rendered blood and meat-chunks.

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
What other Mac forums?

What other Mac forums are there? I've never seen em. This isnt including Clan forms like MacAddict, Eclipse, or OSX (UT:Mac Clans). I mean general purpose everyones welcome forums for games so common in the Wintl/AMD world. Maybe there out there butI've never seen em. Please point them out to me.
BTW- Cool I finally got a post people replied to

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
In the past when I have post something about games I have never really had lots of responses. Not sure if there is really enough demand for it here? If people have questions about games etc then they get posted in the general section.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I think its a great idea. Just make it a general games thread, it will take care of itself. If it doesn't work, which I don't think, you can always merge it back to general discussions.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
I think it's a good idea. But do you think it will last long? I mean, there are what... 5?...6? Mac-compatible games out there... Won't the conversation start to get really monotonous. :D

Lethal

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Originally posted by D0ct0rteeth
Great idea.... i couldn't agree more

Anyone for some starcraft ? :D

C-

hehe, I used to be addicted to that game. I went by the name GL@I)I@TOR. I have like 300 wins, 4 losses. Oh well, that is one addicting game!

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Originally posted by LethalWolfe
I think it's a good idea. But do you think it will last long? I mean, there are what... 5?...6? Mac-compatible games out there... Won't the conversation start to get really monotonous. :D

Lethal

good point....can anyone address this? well there be more games for osx....will it be easier to write games for?.....well game makers jump on this?.....if so then the forums wont be monotonous...im assuming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.