Gaming and F1-F12 hot key presets and fn.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by shewhosnacks, Jan 14, 2010.

1. shewhosnacks macrumors newbie

Hi, I've just recently bought my new MacBook Pro 15", and just installed Windows 7 on Boot Camp earlier today. I was naturally excited to try out the functions and import my MMORPGs from my older Toshiba laptop. Once I finally made it into the game(s), I realised that I had trouble with the F1-F12 presets. As I love hot key-ing my skills over the keyboard, especially F1-F12, the presets of MBP got in the way, and I had to press fn + F(x) every time I wanted to utilise the skill on the hotkey bar. I tried booting into the Mac OS X and switching the settings such that the presets would require you to first press the button fn, and then switched over back to W7 to no avail. I scoured the net for a solution, but it seems to have evaded me (that or I'm tired after reading so many documents about this and that for my first mac)

Is there anything I can do then, short of getting an external keyboard, or a virtualisation software? I apologise if this has already been brought up before, and answered to several times >.<

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Yes, this has to be fixed on the W7 side. Did you install the Boot Camp drivers? If you did, go into the Boot Camp control panel. You should see the same option you enabled on the Mac side. Enable it here, too.

3. shewhosnacks thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh! I didn't realise there was the Boot Camp option in the CP:eek:. Should have thought about that. Thank you so much!!!