Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Casiotone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Got my 2nd gen 12.9" iPad Pro last tuesday.

I set it up as new. GarageBand came preinstalled.

I then restored from an iTunes backup I had just made from my iPad air 2.

All my songs were restored inside GarageBand, and I could enjoy the additional screen estate and features of the 12.9". For example, when you open an instrument view, you can still see and interact with the tracks on the top of the screen, something that was previously impossible on the 9.7" iPads.

Yesterday I noticed in a new update for GarageBand in the App Store. It was version 2.2.2, and was dated June 5th. So I updated...

Now GarageBand only shows a blown up blurry 9.7" version of the UI instead of the native 12.9" UI!!! It is pretty frustrating since GarageBand was one of the big reason why I went with a 12.9".

I tried deleting the app and re-downloading it from the App Store, it still does the same thing.

Now I'm thinking of restoring everything, hoping that it's a bug in my installation, but if it's really the 2.2.2 version that causes this vs. the preinstalled one that I have now lost, I'll be back to square one.

Anyone else running GarageBand 2.2.2 on a 2nd gen 12.9" iPad pro is having the same problem?

Casiotone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Mine does the same thing on my new 12.9". Blown up blurry 9.7" interface.

Thanks for confirming that the problem is with the update. I did a complete restore and it didn't fix it either.

I spoke to someone high up at Apple and they're now working on fixing the problem.

Reactions: jenss
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.