Garageband

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brn2rnjk1, Nov 2, 2011.

1. brn2rnjk1 macrumors regular

I know why you would use gb on a mac, but what do you do with it on an iphone that it is now offered?

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I haven't downloaded it but perhaps the below link will provide some insight:

http://www.apple.com/apps/garageband/

I'm not familiar with Garageband (even on a Mac) but looks like you can play instruments on it and such. I guess you could compose an entire song if you felt like it.

3. gloomcookie1 macrumors regular

It's great if you need something to quickly lay down something you think of when you're out - or something to just mess with while you're waiting for something. And the fact it's an 8 track in your phone - if you had told me 15 years ago I'd be able to do lay down 8 tracks of music on my phone I'd have said no way.

This is awesome - and the interface is really nice and easy to work with too.

4. theperipheral macrumors 6502

yeah, it's very good for getting down some ideas for songs. really nice interface.

5. kumquat macrumors regular

kumquat

Is the mic on the phone really good enough to make this worthwhile? My buddy and I jammed on GarageBand on my laptop on Saturday and the sound was pretty great for our goofy song, but I'm a little doubtful the sound would hold up just from the phone mic. Has anyone tried it?