Gary Johnson has another Aleppo moment. Cannot name one world leader he admires.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Sep 28, 2016.

1. MadeTheSwitch, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016

MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Wow. MSNBC is having a town hall with the libertarian candidates and when asked what world leader do they admire, "any country any continent" Gary Johnson said he was having another Aleppo moment and couldn't think of one. Chris Matthews gave him numerous chances, totally throwing him the rope and he hung himself with it.

Too much pot dude. Too much pot. Or else a complete disinterest in world affairs. Either way disqualifing. One would think after the Aleppo incident he would have been better prepared, but much like Trump the other night, his lack of preparation is on full display. Not even close to being ready for the White House. He is not being serious enough for this.

Bill Weld had no such issue BTW. This ticket should totally have been flipped. The wrong person is at the top. Gary Johnson is holding this ticket back. Bill Weld is serious. Gary Johnson at this point, is a joke.

Link to video: http://latest.com/2016/09/watch-gar...ngle-world-leader-im-having-an-aleppo-moment/

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Sounds like another candidate who thinks preparation is for nerds.

3. zin macrumors 6502

4. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

For a guy who's orgasmic over the TPP in its current form and what trade agreements are ostensibly about, Johnson does seem to act as if countries outside the US exist.

What next, he acts like former Governor Allen of Georgia, who loved seeing jobs going offshore to India but still had plenty of time to call Indians "macaca" to prove the blatant disregard he has for, well, pretty much everyone on both sides of the ocean?!

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

The reason to vote for Johnson, if there is one, is to make sure Clinton wins. I'm not sure serious fans of the Johnson-Weld ticket would be pleased to hear it, but it's an option I propose to potential Trump voters I know.

So far I got two converts, both after the Monday debates. They think I'm voting for Johnson too. But, I'm not.

The pollsters could take a serious beating this year when all the lying has to stop on the night of Nov 8th. I'm not evey sure all my relatives are telling the truth so far this season.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2016 ---
    Yah, this one was interesting. Even Weld only came up with Vicente Fox as world leader one could admire? Yowza.

JohsonFlunkingAnotherBrainCheck.jpg

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

lol. "Democratic Underground" is the Brietbart of the Left.

If we're talking heads of state, I also can't think of single world leader that I admire. There may be one or two that I respect at some level, but respect does not equate admiration.

8. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

To be fair, Weld said Fox only to help Johnson with his vauge "former leader of Mexico" answer that he finally got to. When pressed for which one, he got an assist from Weld. Fox was not his answer though. Angela Merkel was Weld's answer.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2016 ---
    The admire part wasn't the problem. It was thinking of any names at all that was the issue.

Like I said, too much pot.

9. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Damn. This really kills his chances of getting to double digits in the
    Polls.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I'm relieved to hear that correction... . I thought Weld had a little more horsepower upstairs than Johnson. The latter is embarrassingly less capable that I had expected for a former governor.

11. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I know right? I am really disappointed in him. Like most people, I would like third parties to someday be viable and was hoping this was maybe the year to do that (if any!) but wow...he just keeps crashing and burning.

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Well let's move on to future heads of state. Here's one I think you'll admire someday.

MariaEugeniaVidalMayorBuenosAires.jpg

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I'm always surprised at how slow he is on the uptake.

"Do you admire any world leaders?"
    "Today?"
    "Yes."
    "No. But, I have always admired... [any easily named, famous dead guy/gal]"

Pivot dude.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Was he like that when he was governor of New Mexico? Or this is what happens when you retire and let yourself go?

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

seems she admired a turd .
    in case you did not know who that was.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosni_Mubarak

17. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

It isn’t that embarrassing, it’s just being blown out of proportion by Hillary supporters who see Johnson as a threat to steal millennial votes from Her. He doesn’t have to admire any foreign leaders. But what is a flaw in his character, is how he blank stare sat there. What would have been better, is if he said, openly pondering like he was unsure, “I’ll have to get back to you on that.” Instead, he just sits there with quiet blank stare. That is somewhat embarrassing and supports what hulugu said about Gary sometimes being slow on the uptake.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2016 ---
    this is why some here are attacking Gary
    http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/obama-johnson-trump/

19. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Ya his handling of it was worse. He should have just said "former president of Mexico Fox. can't remember his first name but I like is leadership style" instead he just stares and said Aleppo moment which was so stupid.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

hey, Clinton said he was "friends of her family:".

22. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

In some key battleground states he's the only thing keeping Trump close. This is good news for Hillary.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

That shows Hilary has excellent taste.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

in dictators? o_O