Gas Prices in your state/Country?

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
I traveled this weekend to California. I live in Oklahoma (the midwest) and Gas prices in my city is about $1.50. When i went to LA, Gasoline was above 2 dollars! I am really curious on what prices are around the U.S and i am especially interested in Britain and other countries prices.

I searched and came up nothing so here you go.

kyle

greenleaf

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2004
Eugene,OR
In Oregon prices have been all over the place but at the moment are about 1.65 a gallon.im not sure if thats high or low but for us its pretty low as of recently

Timelessblur

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
in lubbock texas I been seeing gas price ranging from about 1.95-2.05 for premuim I dont really pay much attention to the other stuff since I have to put premuim in my car but normaly I think it about .20 cheaper.

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
jackieonasses said:
I traveled this weekend to California. I live in Oklahoma (the midwest) and Gas prices in my city is about $1.50. When i went to LA, Gasoline was above 2 dollars! I am really curious on what prices are around the U.S and i am especially interested in Britain and other countries prices.

I searched and came up nothing so here you go.

kyle
Hahaha, what sort of sick joke is this?

Oil is pumped out of the ground only a few miles from me, and refined just a few miles further down from these same oil wells, yet California seems to have the highest gas prices in the country!!!

The Shell station on the corner near me has it for $2.09, but when I filled up in Las Vegas a few days ago it cost me $1.87

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
As another Oregonian, gas prices range from around $1.65/g to $1.97/g depending on where you are (the latter price is from a downtown Portland gas station). This is for 87 octane btw.

Since I don't drive that much, I have trouble keeping track of price fluxuations...a few months back gas was over $2 in the city, but I also remember seeing it around $1.49 or so a few weeks back.

I am about to move across the country, so I will keep track of this thread to get an idea of likely costs (I will be traveling through CA, AZ, NM, TX, NV to name a few). People in those states, give me a head's up...

gallagb

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
IN
just south of chicago

ranges from 1.89 >>2.and a bit in chicago

lame that they just went up again on thurs of last week.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
lol dont have a car yet, but gas is, when i checked this weekend, about 1.85 for regular, 1.95 for plus, and 2.05 for premium, varying by about 5 cents depending on what brand. we usually have like some of the cheapest gas in texas, iirc, but it's still exorbitant!

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
Here in Humboldt County, CA (on the North Coast) gas is 2.23 a gallon at the stations and about 2.15 a gallon at Costco. It did dip to 1.99 just after Christmas.

joetronic

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2004
New Oxford, PA
this mornign I paid 1.98 for regular in Tanytown, then when I got to Westminster(7Miles south) it was 2.05 for regular.

Where I am moving to in two weeks its 1.84 (at least it was two days ago).

I think I need to trade in my tacoma for a hybrid :p

aus_dave

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
paxtonandrew said:
94.9¢/Per litre, in South Sydney. You Americans think you are paying too much for fuel, spare a thought for us Aussies, especially me with this car.
That's for sure (and we pay more in South Australia than you do :D).

The petrol price is about $1 a litre at the moment, which is around 2.92 USD per gallon. Not as bad as the UK though :p.

mrdeep

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
$1.87 at the cheapest gas station in the area, it is always packed. Luckilly, I drive a vw w/ the fuel thing on the right (they are rarer, so there is always a spot). Also, good thing it's on the way home from work. I think it's $2.00/89 octane gasoline & $2.30/diesel on the highway.

There are also websites with info like this:
http://www.gaspricewatch.com/
http://www.gasbuddy.com/
... and some localized ones too:
http://www.newhavengasprices.com/

edit:
Just in case http://www.newhavengasprices.com was a little bit cryptic, these prices are for the Connecticut shoreline (specifically, New Haven -> 30 miles east)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
its 1.95 out in Northern IL, but in chicago it would be just over $2, im trying to figure out how i can get by without a car when i move back to chicago this summer, at times its definitely needed, but im surely going to start using more public transportation, and i will hopefully have an ipod shuffle by then to accompany me

Little Endian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2003
Honolulu
Here in Honolulu Hawaii the average prices are $2.32 for 87!!!! $2.42 for 89 and $2.52 for 92!! Yes that is Per Gallon and in USD. On the neighbor islands they may pay as much as $3.00 a gallon. Hawaii has the most expensive Gas prices in the U.S. by far. Cost of living here is by far the highest as well. Only few places in the U.S. can rival Hawaii's cost of living but these are usually just Certain cities like Manhattan and SF not a whole state. Life here is very expensive in almost every way imaginable but at least Apple products cost the same here so life could be worse.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
On my island, Whidbey Island, prices range from $1.799/gal to $2.089/gal. When I take the ferry to the mainland the prices just north of Seattle are anywhere between $1.709/gal and $2.119/gal. Biggest change I've seen is a 76 on one corner being $1.899, and the 7-Eleven/Citgo Kitty-corner to it was $1.799.

This is for Regular Unleaded (87).

Diesel prices vary even more, some places it is $1.999/gal, others it is $2.309/gal.

TEG

18thTomorrow

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2004
The Alpha Quadrant
in West Michigan, prices have been between $1.98-$2.09 USD for a gallon of regular gas for the past two weeks. Once in awhile it will dip for a day to $1.88 or some such, but get it fast because it never stays long.

parrothead

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2003
Edmonds, WA
Little Endian said:
Here in Honolulu Hawaii the average prices are $2.32 for 87!!!! $2.42 for 89 and $2.52 for 92!! Yes that is Per Gallon and in USD. On the neighbor islands they may pay as much as $3.00 a gallon. Hawaii has the most expensive Gas prices in the U.S. by far. Cost of living here is by far the highest as well. Only few places in the U.S. can rival Hawaii's cost of living but these are usually just Certain cities like Manhattan and SF not a whole state. Life here is very expensive in almost every way imaginable but at least Apple products cost the same here so life could be worse.

Amen to all of that. I went in to buy a gallon of milk at a grocery store in Hawaii Kai (a suburb of Honolulu) and it was $8.00 :eek: If anyone can beat that I would be very surprised.