jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
Shame on those who fell they need to defend themselves.
Why? In most large cities calling the police is all but useless unless you expect the attackers to take a 45 minute or so time-out...

You'd rather they be attacked and possibly killed because of their sexual orientation as opposed to defending themselves against scum?

Good for anyone who want to exercise their legal right to carry...

Reactions: Apple OC and Solver

AlliFlowers

Contributor
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Why? In most large cities calling the police is all but useless unless you expect the attackers to take a 45 minute or so time-out...

You'd rather they be attacked and possibly killed because of their sexual orientation as opposed to defending themselves against scum?

Good for anyone who want to exercise their legal right to carry...
I'm annoyed that there is so much animosity towards LGBQT these days that they feel they must always be ready to defend themselves. Shame on whoever makes them feel like that.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
Shame on those who make them feel they need to defend themselves.
Unfortunately humans can be very tribal and it's very difficult to remove what is probably the product of evolution.

LGBTQ community has made notable strides in acceptance recently but for those who are still unable to accept them, the LGBTQ have a means to stop that threat.

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
Well, this is a rosy thread. Question: I just got one of those extendable batons to keep in my car, since I work late - do you have to go all the way to guns? I am not being flippant - honestly asking, as per the OP and in general.

Reactions: ronntaylor

baypharm

Contributor
Nov 15, 2007
Unfortunately humans can be very tribal and it's very difficult to remove what is probably the product of evolution.

LGBTQ community has made notable strides in acceptance recently but for those who are still unable to accept them, the LGBTQ have a means to stop that threat.
There was a book called African Genesis by Robert Ardrey. He claimed humans evolved from predatory killer apes and man’s obsession with war and weapons is a result of this inherited animal instinct

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
So one of the lefts main voting blocks is going to run head-on with one of the left's biggest bogey-men.

I need popcorn.
I have to agree with this. I wonder how CNN is going to spin this one, since they have been the biggest overzealous gun restriction advocates. The Left in general would look like hypocrites if they just pucker up to the LBGTQ community without any resistance.

ronntaylor

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2004
Flushing, New York
I have to agree with this. I wonder how CNN is going to spin this one, since they have been the biggest overzealous gun restriction advocates. The Left in general would look like hypocrites if they just pucker up to the LBGTQ community without any resistance.
There's no such thing as The LGBTQ community, just like there's no The Black community. Neither is a monolith -- indeed, there are those that can be both LGBTQ and Black. Just like there are LGBTQ groups throughout the political spectrum, there are LGBTQ people that advocate for gun control (at least one person in the attached video) and those that are ardent supporters of the 2A.

Nearly 20 years ago a newsgroup that I belonged to had members debating becoming members of the Pink Pistols. And there was one member that swears she remembers a feminist group that used that name several years before, advocating that women arm themselves.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
Well, this is a rosy thread. Question: I just got one of those extendable batons to keep in my car, since I work late - do you have to go all the way to guns? I am not being flippant - honestly asking, as per the OP and in general.
Serious answer?

Whatever you are comfortable with.

I carry a gun day in day out. I want my partner to take the CHL course and carry as well, but she doesn't feel comfortable enough to do so. I don't chastise her for it.

It is a personal decision, one that takes on an enormous amount of responsibility, and one that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Good luck with what you ultimately decide to do.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
There's no such thing as The LGBTQ community, just like there's no The Black community. Neither is a monolith -- indeed, there are those that can be both LGBTQ and Black. Just like there are LGBTQ groups throughout the political spectrum, there are LGBTQ people that advocate for gun control (at least one person in the attached video) and those that are ardent supporters of the 2A.

Nearly 20 years ago a newsgroup that I belonged to had members debating becoming members of the Pink Pistols. And there was one member that swears she remembers a feminist group that used that name several years before, advocating that women arm themselves.

I disagree. But I do get your point.

There is a LGBTQ culture, just as there is an American Black culture, that stems from social and physical segregation. Doesn't mean every single person falls into that culture. Issues also group people together. Politicians don't pander to individuals, they pander to groups. And it seems to work, because whatever specific group is affected by specific issues.

But the true reality is the LGBTQ are lumped into a group just as Black Americans are, due to bigotry, prejudice, and just plain hate. So there is a comradery/understanding within the group.

The majority like minded makes the community of any specific group. Those that have differ views are considered the exception.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
You might be better off with a pepper spray
[doublepost=1560831246][/doublepost]
conservatives now love gays?
Plenty have ;)

ThisBougieLife

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2016
SF Bay Area, California
I always thought those were cool. In the novel I'm writing, the villain's main weapon is a telescopic baton. He's quite skilled with it though. I could see getting something like that (or like jkcerda said, pepper spray) as opposed to going all the way with a firearm.

conservatives now love gays?
As long as they're packin' heat.

Reactions: jkcerda