"Gay" animals

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cave Man, Jun 16, 2009.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Actually, we've discussed that a lot on these boards. But hey, why not some more. :)

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Fred Phelps is going to be protesting outside a zoo once he hears about this.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'd like to find a gay pit bull to suck his ****.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I had a gay dog when I was little. I wonder if my dog blames him for me... :rolleyes:

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

6. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Wasn't there an exhibit in the States several months back about sexual deviancy in animals. Not just gay animals, but other practices like masturbation and threesomes and others..

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Thats it, these disgusting practices must be stopped. I want to know which evil gay person is teaching out innocent animals such lude behavior!

Wont somebody PLEASE think of the animals!?:p

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

That's generally frowned on. ;)

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Zing!

10. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

They don't choose to be gay but they do choose to live a gay lifestyle. And for that the lord will come down upon their furry souls with all his furious wrath.

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I dunno. These two:
    [​IMG]

made it in and I'm pretty sure there was a bit more going on between them behind the scenes.

12. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Flipper . . . I don't hate him, just his lifestyle.

Bottlenose_Dolphin.JPG
    Bottlenose Dolphin

13. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

14. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Oh, what a relief! "He" didn't engage in same-sex interactions after all! :rolleyes: It's only the males.

EDIT: I posted before you added the suicide bit. That's sad.

15. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Yes it is sad but whether it's true or not is debatable,it's my recollection that ex folkie Fred Neil looked after her after he dropped out of the music world in Miami but the truth is hard to come by.

Fred Neil really did go searching for the dolphins in the sea. He retreated to Coconut Grove, Florida and dedicated the rest of his life to dolphin research and preservation. He helped to found the Dolphin Project, an organization dedicated to preventing the capture and exploitation of dolphins worldwide. His interest in dolphins had been there all along, as some years earlier, he had even befriended Cathy, the central character on the television series, Flipper.

http://rushevans.com/2008/11/searching-for-the-dolphins-the-mysterious-life-of-fred-neil/

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Hmmm surprising lack of naysayers in this thread (not really, reality is hard to argue with when the facts are laid out on the table).

17. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Well to be fair all of their arguments have already been said, just in a very tongue in cheek way.

18. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I know I'm going to regret saying anything, but...

Since when did anyone ever say that there were no such things as "gay" animals? And since when is it a good idea to base morality off of the actions of animals? Since when do we apply morality to humans? I don't recall a single thread here decrying the murder of a monkey by another monkey or any other moral judgment of an animal. And which animals are we going to base our sexual morals off of? As a male, I vote lions. That way I'll be able to keep a harem that does all the hard work of getting food and raising the young while I just work at reproducing, and I assume everyone here would be totally cool with that.

Sure, someone could respond to every inane application of your perception of the rationales behind those who find homosexual actions (among humans) immoral, but what would be the point?

The two camps have extremely disparate bases for morality. Studies like this do nothing to further the discussion, although they are extremely interesting to read.

So I guess to respond more directly to NT1440, whom are you referring to? Fictional people who don't think animals engage in homosexual actions? Of course there aren't going to be any "naysayers" because there's nothing to "naysay."

19. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

^^Presumably your aware that humans are animals?

20. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

I'll tolerate their existence as long as two gay dogs can't marry.

:D

21. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

This is sort of significant because it pokes another hole in the shaky foundation that so many antigay marriage people hold: that homosexuality is unnatural.

Although your argument against this idea is pretty funny. It's the same thing people used when the public began accepting evolution. "What?! So we're just a bunch of apes? Should I go around throwing poo!?"

22. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

To satisfy this instinctive drive, we invented political forums on the Internet.

23. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Um - why do humans very often try and say animals, where they really mean the animals excluding us? Anyone seen the Ricky Gervais sketch on it?