Gay Texas couple scared for their lives after vandalism

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Oct 4, 2012.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

http://www.connectamarillo.com/news/story.aspx?id=808278#.UG3X4Y5y85h

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Silly Lee, we're a post-discrimination society.

Didn't you get the memo?

:rolleyes:

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Could you resend it, please? :(

4. 184550 Guest

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

And you're surprised?

6. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

Vandalism is unchristian behaviour but hate speech is fine.

7. Fazzy macrumors 6502

As is misspelling pedophile, apparently :p

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

This is just sad. However, they are in Texas and I believe that means these guys can obtain some pretty powerful firearms without much of a hassle. I'd be tempted to have a gun or two in the house in case one of the lovely church members decides he is a soldier of the Lord and tries to harm them.

9. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh, I'm sure the locals have plenty of firearms themselves- "Onward Christian soliders" and such.

10. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Methinks the pastor doth protest too much. Ped 'o File is awfully close to Chick o Fila. Perhaps he simply has a fetish for male feet and simply can't overcome it.

More seriously, I honestly don't understand why anyone wants to live in the south. Atlanta has criminalized pedestrianism, and with its refusal to fund MARTA expansion, doomed everyone to perpetual Carmageddon. Texas is throwing the poor under the bus on every single front imaginable. And then there's the constant religious fear mongering.

I'm sorry, but nobody will every be able to convince me that the southern US has any redeeming qualities.

Ya lost the darned war. Get over it.

11. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Obviously the ones who committed the crime are not “true Christians” This was a Hate crime and the criminals need to be caught and prosecuted.

12. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

And yet when radical Islamists break Muhammad's instructions by murdering people or otherwise ignore the Qur'an it is THEY that are the true Muslims and all the peaceful ones that keep the laws that are not.

And the violent Muslims are never allowed the 'that was a crime and should be punished as one' view - it's always 'Islam is violent'.

Strange.

13. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Well, you know how it is for the poor Christians. They're always under attack just for being Christian. Repressed, afraid to pray in school or in public, afraid that radical atheists and gays will attack them in their homes, and force them to get gay married without their consent.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

This is christian behavior. Who do you think has been fighting to keep gays at second citizen status? Then again its paradise compared to gay treatment in most Islamic countries.

15. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

Been expecting you!

Abusing and threatening gays is paradise? Whatever rocks your boat I guess.

I always have fun discussing with you because it's like talking to some guy who saw aliens in his back yard! You know it's all in his head and he's probably not playing with a full deck but you just love to hear him screaming "the Aliens are coming, the aliens want to abduct our women and subject them to examinations!!"

You just know if you were in your current prime in the 1950s you'd be wearing the McCarthy pin-badge and foaming at the mouth about 'reds under the bed!!!!"

Meanwhile, back in the real world:

All women mosques, women leading prayers, GAY Mosques!!!

Link

Imam blesses Gay couple:

Link

Gay Muslim weddings:

Link

But let's get back to "FOX NEWS WORLD!" - it's so much more fun!!

16. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

None of the articles you linked to are talking about Islamic countries, which is what zombie was talking about. They mention Britain, The US and France. Try again. Show is Islamic countries where Imams are blessing gay couples and women lead mosques.

17. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

There are no Islamic Countries. There are only Muslims.

You try again.

Or maybe you think you can give me the name of an 'Islamic country'?

18. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

An Islamic country is one whose laws are directly influenced by Sharia law- Iran, for instance. Really, you're splitting hairs, and it's making you look really bad.

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

"Homosexual activity is a crime and forbidden in most Muslim-majority countries. In the Islamic regimes of Iran, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, North Sudan and Yemen, homosexual activity is punished with the death penalty. In Nigeria and Somalia the death penalty is issued in some regions.[2] The legal punishment for sodomy has varied among juristic schools: some prescribe capital punishment; while other prescribe a milder discretionary punishment such as imprisonment. "

I think we are done here. You sick religious *******s are the ones keeping good citizens on a secondary citizen status. Own it.

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Here's a couple names for you:

The Islamic Republic of Iran
    The Islamic Republic of Pakistan

Yeah, that's their full, official names. Look it up if you don't believe me.

21. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

He won't, don't worry. He'll say they're just fine and dandy. I wouldn't set foot in any of those hellholes.

22. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Wow who fed you that spoonful of facts? You should go to a Muslim country and tell them they're not a Muslim country. They must just call themselves the ISLAMIC REPUBLIC of Iran just for giggles then huh? It never fails to amaze me how uninformed and blinded some people are.

23. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

Yep, been to both so no need.

First: Iran is Shi'i. They are a derivation - but there's more problems; if you advance Pakistan as an Islamic State then you can't have Iran as one. Or vice versa. They are mutually exclusive.

Actually imo, neither are. I think you'll find that the founder of Pakistan Muhammad Ali Jinnah envisaged Pakistan as a secular-leaning State with religious freedom.

The fact that Pakistan is NOT an Islamic State is why you have Islamist attacks there. If it was you would not have them would you?

But even if we accept it IS then it's even worse for you and Zombie because that defeats your argument.

Link

And:

Link

And finally, the ant-gay laws which exist are not rigidly enforced AND are from the British!!

Link

----------

Not really. I have degrees in Islamic Theology and lived in many of those countries so I'll take looking bad to you over looking bad to them.

Iran does not have Shari'a law btw.

According to some Iranian officials, the judiciary of Iran does not follow Sharia law, but it is civil law ratified by the Parliament. However, all agree that multiple aspects of sharia law are observed in the legal system.

Link

So that is not Shari'a law as Shari'a law would not incorporate a Civil Law structure as the Iranian Judicial system does.

----------

Been there, done that.

Strangely, it is possible to go there and discuss practically anything - at least things that would not get you suspected of US spying and related terror issues (same thing holds in US though...I would not last long in NYC if I started threatening the State or talking about subversive action) - even this issue.

There is a big debate about it actually. Generally amongst the large Iranian Jewish community and other non-Islamic religions but also some moderate progressive Imams have opened discussion on the issue.

24. leekohler, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012

leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

You just proved my point. Look at my post you quoted again.

I mentioned countries INFLUENCED by sharia law.

And yes, you do look bad to us. In fact, your denial of reality is frightening and shows me how these places got to be where they are in the first place.

Hmm...what if I started talking about my boyfriend and how much we love each other? How acceptable would that be in Iran? How long would I last?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Iran

25. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You forgot, you don't exist in Iran...

I wonder what happens to all the gay people who don't exist. :rolleyes: Maybe muhammad makes them "disappear".