Gaypatriot.net

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by glocke12, Jan 10, 2013.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

So, I've mentioned before that I have friends that are gay, are gunowners, and don't like Obama.

I was ridiculed and called a liar because it didn't fit in with certain members viewpoints about how gay people should hold their political views.

here is a website built by some of those fine folks.

http://www.gaypatriot.net

2. MorphingDragon, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013

MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Don't you find that website an oxymoron? If you're socially conservative then you're digging your own grave mate, and economic conservative in America apparently means spending a metric ****ton of money on "patriotic" things rather than helping fellow citizens.

Again, Hilarious. You're going to give me a hernia. :D

3. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

It depends on your POV...ask me what I think of gun owners who voted for Obama.

4. hafr macrumors 68030

Because everything is black or white? Dude... It's like saying you're either a full blown commie or an anarcho-capitalist.

Do you think a gay person per definition can't be pro guns?

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm pro second amendment, but I'm not not a self-hating gay person. Any gay person who does not see that Obama has been the best president in history for our cause is quite frankly, an idiot.

And yes, I know some so-called "conservative" gay people. Every one of them was born with a silver spoon in their mouths- spoiled rotten and feel entitled just "because". They lack the tiniest bit of empathy.

6. Andeavor macrumors 6502

Yay, you found a website! Pop the champagne, we've got to celebrate.

How gay Americans can hate Obama is more than questionable at best. He's about the most perceptive, welcoming and open-minded president you've had so far. Is he prefect? No, but who is? He's a leader and an example when it comes to human rights.

If you truly were a friend to all gays and lesbians in America, you'd tell those Gaytriots off to get a grip. There are better ways to love your country than fill your wallet.

7. hafr macrumors 68030

True, sexual orientation doesn't make someone more or less enlightened or tolerant.

I knew a gay racist when I was younger, I always felt it was quite odd to hear him talk about how he was being put down due to him liking men and then say he thought we should close the borders to refugees... But hey, his logic was probably perfectly sound to him.

8. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

So, you've found ignorant gay people? Congratulations. :confused:

I never called you a liar - I said it was convenient that every conservative on this website has "gay friends" who believe exactly what they believe. You have to understand how disingenuous that sounds. It's akin to the ol' "I'm not racist, I have black friends".

I think there are going to be people with all kinds of beliefs. Gay, straight, black, white... I do think it's sad, and incredibly selfish in this case. Our community would not be better off if Obama lost the election. Especially when discrimination was written into the Republican platform. I'm not sure how it's not possible to see that. I also believe it's hard to deny that in the past 4 years Obama has done more for our community than had been done in the decades before.

I do think it's incredibly ironic that a group of people who aren't seen as equal by our country are complaining about the fact that their 2nd Amendment rights are in jeopardy. I just don't understand how one can focus on a right they already have and completely ignore the rights they don't.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You just took me back to my college years. I knew a black skinhead- no, not kidding. He insisted he wasn't black, but rather a "dark-skinned European" who hated black people. Yep, for real. These people are no different.

11. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Are you saying that having a genetic predisposition towards your sexuality is the same as having an opinion on immigration?...I think the two are quite different.

12. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Um, so is he a friend of yours or some random guy you found online (which really isnt difficult, almost anyone who reads the comments in liberal gay blogs has seen B. Daniel Blatt aka Gay Patriot post, he's pretty much the laughing stock of a lot of LGBT news bolgs.)?

13. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I can answer this one - because they're morons.

If you put the importance of owning a gun over your own civil rights, you're a moron.

14. hafr macrumors 68030

Haha, no, I'm not. In fact, I was trying to make the exact opposite point :)

But I am on the other hand saying that I'm more surprised when someone who is being treated badly by others because they belong to a minority is treating minorities badly, than when someone who doesn't know the first thing of being oppressed is.

15. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

16. MorphingDragon, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013

MorphingDragon

But it is Black and White in America because of how your political system works. If you are a socially conservative gay person you are a walking oxymoron. The conservative culture in many countries is to deny, mistreat and to dehumanize LGBT people. Sure individual ideas might differ, but if you support a party or politician you support their entire platform by enabling them. By voting you are responsible for their actions.

I'm not, because nothing anyone could do ever will satisfy the majority of gun owners. You are a political lost cause.

Or Stripper Nazi Furries. (Yes, I know one >.>)

17. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

I met them through one of the gun clubs I belong to...so yes, they are real people, and yes we do real things together..

18. hafr macrumors 68030

So a person can't be considered socially conservative unless he fully supports each and every aspect of what you think is social conservatism, and that would make him the complete opposite because you're either one or the other?

You really thought this one through, didn't you? :p

19. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Wow....

So, by your logic, people who voted for Obama this second time support:

Increased drone strikes that have been killing civilians in Pakistan

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/25/world/asia/pakistan-us-drone-strikes/index.html

Obama keeping GITMO open:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/guantanamo-bay-open-promises/story?id=16698768

I am sure there is more if I looked..

I do not support every platform the republicans take...but their views on some things are more consistent with my views on those same things than democrats are..

20. MorphingDragon, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013

MorphingDragon

You guys had interesting University scholars. If you find a proper goth nowadays its noteworthy.

----------

You're only taking a shallow look at such philosophy. So the next question would be what voters haven taken their political obligations and made the politicians responsible? Have you petitioned your representatives and done more than whine on an internet forum? Have you taken efforts to engage and educate your fellow public in real life? Have you seen what your vote has caused and take action to correct it?

How the **** have you not seen the average discourse of conservative america? Hating minorities are the core, seeds and the entire ****ing apple tree of the political mindset.

21. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I can totally believe that. I've met and been friends with several Mexicans and Mexican-Americans who hate - their term, mind you - "wetbacks." Mind you their prejudice seems to be aimed at those who are here illegally, rather than citizens or legal immigrants.

22. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

It's probably easier to be pickier when certain parts of that platform don't have a direct effect on you. Which is why I find even the name of the website in your OP extremely ironic.

As Queen said, it's quite moronic how they can view themselves as "Patriots" when a great majority of those who share their beliefs don't believe they deserve equal rights.