Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

conamor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2013
Hi!

I would like you advices on this.

I would like to achieve this sound

I was wondering if I should be buying the 2 pedals, or a Line 6 M9 or use GarageBand.

To be honest, this is simply for fun and of course, if my garageband can do it, I would rather use that.

If anybody knows how I could get this sound in garageband?

Thanks!

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Mostly depends on whether you want this sound for recording, for live use, or if it is strictly for home enjoyment.

There's really no replacement for real pedals. I have the Flashback and it's pretty fantastic. There's so many options to play with and it sounds really good. There's also the factor of playing through a real amp.

I actually like the amp sounds that come with Logic X. But I feel even that is always a somewhat poor replacement for the real thing. Garageband is even more limited.

Ultimately, you can probably get usable results with either option, but there's something much more satisfying about working with real pedals and Amps. And you know you're digging that sound with the pair of TC pedals. I say go for it.

mugtastic

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2006
garageband has amp simulation, tape delay and reverb. assuming you are running garageband 10 and hear a signal from your guitar successfully into a track in the software, hit "smart controls" button top left (looks like a dial beside scissors) then hit info button upper left of new window that opens up (lower right in screen). when u can see "plug-ins" add amp, reverb and tape delay - enjoy!

conamor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2013
Hey Thanks! I got them but I can't get the sound right to the one in the video. :)
Oh well... I am using an acoustic (electric), I don't think it would matter, I should still be ableto get the delay and echo I want... Any tips on this?

mugtastic

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2006
i guess it depends how close u want to get - if the main difference is the "warble" in the delay trails, experiment with the LFO rate and depth in the tape delay's settings. and try diff settings in the various reverb plugins as well.

if its the overall quality and ease of adjustment, pedals may be best. if u can find them used, they will hold their value pretty well if u decide u don't need them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.