Gem I found on a Chinese forum, regarding new MBP, ipad 2, possible event on 3/1?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CrystalPepsi, Feb 21, 2011.

1. CrystalPepsi macrumors regular

CrystalPepsi

From a Chinese site, dated 2/16. I have no idea how trustworthy this is. This is a Google translation.

link

• This post last edited by the Eddieaus at 2011-2-16 12:56
    • we look at the line, everything will depend on the published results
    • February 15 foreign websites leaked details of the latest Macbook Pro:
    • New Macbook Pro with a new amorphous alloy body, lighter and stronger than magnesium alloy, reduce 15% -20% Macbook Pro Weight. 13-inch belt drive only 1.69kg, 15-inch belt drive 2.09kg, 17-inch belt drive 2.40kg.
    • New machine with a new battery technology to extend battery life by about 20%, 13-inch battery life of up to 12 hours, 15-inch and 17 inch can be up to 11 hours.
    • A small change in the appearance of the edge will not be too sharp as now, the transition will be smoother.
    • The screen is a new, more energy, the specific details of the unknown.
    • Custom machine to upgrade memory and SSD hard drive prices down.
    • Macbook Pro to upgrade to a full range of sandy bridge processor.
    • 15-inch and 17 inch were increased a USB interface, 13-inch unchanged. New USB interface, is located on the right.
    • 15-inch increase in ExpressCard slot. 15-inch and 17-inch optical drive into the removable HDD! !
    • A stronger graphics card 17-inch optional.
    • Price: from $ 1,099 13-inch, 15 inch from $ 1549, 17-inch starting from $ 2,099.
    • Apple press conference on March 1, involving content: Verizon iPhone sales, iOS4.3, the new Macbook Pro, iPad 2.

2. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

Sounds a bit more like what we're hearing. Nothing too drastic, just some minor cosmetic changes with some more BTO options. I can dig it.

3. CrystalPepsi thread starter macrumors regular

CrystalPepsi

4. Sarngate macrumors regular

I just don't buy the 1st March date for the Macbook Pro's, they're already running low on stock pretty much everywhere and that's over a week away.

5. CrystalPepsi thread starter macrumors regular

CrystalPepsi

Well, I suppose there is a possibility that they could mention that they were just released "last week" and talk up some of the features. I don't know.

6. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

7. Sudaddy macrumors member

March 1st, is way far ahead. I don't think I can live that long.

8. e5volcano macrumors regular

Wait, new MacBook Pros are getting released this Thursday I thought...
    But now even newer new Macbook Pros are getting announced March 1st?