General iPhone PC-to-Mac switch question

copydeskcat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
I have an iPhone 4 running iOS5 (iCloud etc.) using iTunes on my home Windows 7 PC.

I'm about to upgrade to a Mac Mini (it should arrive today or tomorrow), and I'm concerned about the syncing issues with moving to iTunes on the Mac. Should I anticipate problems with this, or is it a case of setting up the phone on the Mac and then restoring from the iCloud backup?

Best,

CDC

dickdaney

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2009
You'll have no problems if you follow the guides available on apples website. Moving an iTunes library from a PC to Mac is pretty easy.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Mine was easy as I moved from Windows 7 to a MacBook air.

Just follow the prompts as the earlier post states.

copydeskcat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Mine was easy as I moved from Windows 7 to a MacBook air.

Just follow the prompts as the earlier post states.
Thanks guys - I've now migrated my PC files to the Mac Mini, but in iTunes, my iPhone backups aren't showing up.

What will happen if I plug my iPhone in to the Mac? I'm concerned that I'll lose everything...

copydeskcat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Thanks guys - I've now migrated my PC files to the Mac Mini, but in iTunes, my iPhone backups aren't showing up.

What will happen if I plug my iPhone in to the Mac? I'm concerned that I'll lose everything...
All sorted guys. Plugged in the phone, transferred my purchases from Phone to Mac, backed up phone - bingo.