Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balliet

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2001
Hi -

Since this is my first post to this forum, I'll give a little background info on me. You can skip this if you don't care. I've been a Linux user for the past 5-6 years, so naturally, OS X appealed to me. I've been debating getting a mac ever since 10.1 came out. I came damn close to buying a nice new dual athlon about 3 months ago when I asked myself, "Do I want to do the same thing I'm doing now, only a whole lot faster, or do something completely different?" So I decided to buy a mac. I figured I'd wait till after MWSF, hoping the G5 would be out. It doesn't look like thats gonna happen now but a G4 Apollo is good too :) So on Jan 7, I'm buying a mac!

Now to my questions:
1) Can I view the keynote on the internet, or do you actually have to be there to see it? If not, I'd assume this would be the site to watch to find out what happens, right?

2) Assuming new systems are announced, when are they usually available to buy (on the website). Right away? The next day?

Thanks,

-Brian

nigel_t

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2001
welcome aboard

Congrats dude:
You are about to embark on a whole new life. You are going to be supprised at the difference. Well If you have cable and get TECH TV you can see it there, but I'm not sure where on the net you can get a feed, check out http://www.macworldexpo.com . If you go to MWSF you might be able to get one of the new machines on the spot, if they say shipping immediately, or you can get one on their site.
If not you'll have to wait till they say it will ship.

Nigel.
Merry Christmas
Welcome aboard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.