Genius: alot of songs that "don't have sufficient info to create playlist" on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hudzilla, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

There's alot of songs in my library that when I select to create a genius playlist on my iPhone, a message apears that says it doesnt have sufficient info to create a playlist.

Is there anything I can do about this?

thanks.

2. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Are they obscure artists? Maybe they aren't known well enough for the system to figure out what type of music they would relate to.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

songs also cannot be from compilation albums - they need the correct artist

4. Hudzilla thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

One example is a Coldplay song from their new album, i would have though there is info about these songs.:confused:

5. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

That is what I was thinking too, but I get the message on both iTunes and on my iPod that it cannot make a Genius playlist for two songs that have been pretty high up on iTune's Top-10, Paper Planes by M.I.A. (currently #9), and Handlebars by Flobots (currently #63, was in the Top-10 once). It just surprises me that it cannot come up with any songs to make a playlist especially when I have other songs that I know are a lot like it, maybe time will heal this problem. And updating Genius like iTunes suggests doesn't fix it either.

6. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I just tried some from compilations, one when it was a cover song from a compilation and one where it was an original artist on a compilation and both times Genius created a playlist.

7. *GG* macrumors regular

I have this same problem. I tried Genius, but out of about 20 songs it only once made a list. I figure it will maybe take time before it actually works properly.

8. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I've been trying random songs from my library from popular and obscure artists and sometimes I have received the message from both of them. I can't really see any pattern. It did say in the message to try updating Genius, so I did that but I still get the message on the songs I previously got them on.

Like *GG* said, maybe it will take some time for these cases to work out.

For the ones it is working on, for me it has been creating nice lists of similar artist/songs.

9. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

in iTunes I have no problem creating Genius playlists, however, my iPhone seems to have a tough time. How can it not find relatable music to Rihanna's Disturbia? I think it may be because I have 2600+ tracks in my library, but only 650 transferred to my iPhone due to space limitations. At least, that's what I'm hoping it is....

10. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Same thing happened to me. What's interesting os that the first song i chose was a taylor swift country song and it said it couldn't make a play list so i went to a Kenny Chesney song and it put the taylor swift song on that list. Kinda weird.