Genius bar appointment today....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SilentLoner, Apr 3, 2012.

1. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Do I need to bring the box etc to the appointment? never really had an issue with an iphone before :/

2. miragebg macrumors 6502a

3. jkeekij macrumors regular

Bring anything you're having an issue with, phone, cable, etc. No box is needed..

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

And make sure you dress in your Sunday best. They, the geniuses, appreciate it when you do. haha j/k

Just the phone is all you'll need. No cables or boxes, or anything else. You'll be fine.

5. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

If you have the box then bring it. It can't hurt but it probably isn't needed. Every time I have used the Genius bar they have been very helpful despite the fact that not always had everything they needed.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Considering the serial number and other information is in the phone itself, the box doesn't give any kind of information that they don't already have. There's no need to bring it in.

7. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I have found that having things like the original box and receipt shows any retailer that you are responsible and take care of your things. That can go a long way if the retailer is on the fence as to wether or not a faulty item is due to defect or user abuse/error.

Apple replace an entire logic board on an older out of warranty iBook G4 for free. The warranty expired 2 years before they did the repair, and I brought the original box, manuals, and receipts with me. That stuff matters. Not always, but sometimes.

8. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921