Genius Bar Didn't Disappoint!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by monkeydodo3, Sep 2, 2012.

1. monkeydodo3 macrumors member

So near the beginning of the year, and random white blobs popped up near the bottom of my iPhone 4. I figured I wouldn't take it to the store yet. I had not dropped the phone or let it near water. Now in April, I woke up one morning to see a crack on my screen that extended from the earpiece all the way down past the right of the home button. I hadn't dropped it either. Today, with barely a week left on my warranty, I took my iPhone into the Genius Bar, atValley Fair in Santana Clara, to see if I could get it replaced for free. I I'd read many reports of people being denied replacements for cracked screens. I had signed up for my appointment at 1:30 but I found out that I had been pushed back to 1:50. It was a minor inconvenience so I just waited. Eventually, I was greeted by my Genius, Josh. I told him my story and he examined the cracks and told me that he just need to check to see if there were water damage. After about 5 minutes in the back, he came out to my astonishment and announced that there was no damage. I was scared that there would be some damage because my pockets get pretty humid on the commute from school and was thinking that some sweat might've set off the water sensors. I was also scared that they would've denied me a free replacement because of my cracked screen. In the end, he just made sure that the iPhone set up properly and I was free to go. Thank you Apple for pulling through and not denying me for a defect that I had really no idea of what to do with. :D

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

The genius bar is generally a good resource. But the person you get, does play a factor. With Apples over the top profits, no one should leave without an excellent result.