Genius Bar Experience - Dirt Under Camera Lens

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JonDigital, Oct 16, 2012.

1. JonDigital macrumors regular

JonDigital

I don't usually start topics to complain etc. but I found an issue with my phone yesterday and at least wanted to report an experience in case anyone else runs into this same issue as myself.

I was a first day adopter of the iPhone 5. No issues whatsoever. Yesterday morning I noticed all my photos from the last few days had what appeared to be dirt specs in a few places. Tried cleaning the lens and nothing. You could clearly see something when looking at the lens and when looking through the screen/viewfinder.

Made a Genius Bar appt (Boca Raton, FL). No questions asked, bizarre issue the rep said, and gave me a brand new phone. White box. Not only that but I pulled my Ghost Armor off and brought it to the Kiosk outside the Apple Store and they put brand new armor on for free. (It appears Ghost Armor has improved the iPhone 5 model as the back piece is one piece and not three.)

So if anyone is running into this issue and is questioning whether to make a trip to the store, it's worth it. They will take care of you.

I know these threads are useless without photos so I attached a sample. Mind you this sample looks like birds in the sky, I can assure you those are dirt/dust particles on the lens.

Thanks for listening. Hope someone finds this helpful.

Attached Files:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

But you aren't complaining. ;)
    Good to know they gave you a new phone, I assume all is well now?

3. JonDigital thread starter macrumors regular

JonDigital

You know I re-read what I wrote and it made no sense! I guess I am just used to every thread being over the top OCD. I was trying to avoid falling into that category.

Yes everything is fine now. Great experience with the guys at the Apple Store.

Still no lightning adapters in stock though. End of October they said.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

5. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

6. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

In grade 5 I wrote a speech on UFOs. Ahh memories. OP glad it worked out for you and no you do not come off as a whiny over the top oCD hard to please poster.