Genius Bar iphone 5 replacement wont vibrate on ring

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GadgetGeek407, Oct 13, 2012.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

This is so odd I have tried to mess with all the settings but the vibrate feature on this replacement phone just wont work when the phone rings, not on silent not on ringer on. anyone else?

2. MacDadd3 macrumors newbie

Does vibrate work with text and when you go into settings and select vibration does it do it? If all those are yes then I imagine its a software problem and would either reset phone as new or backup and restore. Cheers, hope that helps.

3. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

was it a brand new iphone or one of those that came in a black box?

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

FWIW, The Genius Bar replacements can either be new or refurbed, but they don't come in the original retail packing, unless you return your iPhone for a refund and purchase another one (which isn't usually done at the Genius Bar).

My replacement iPhone at the Genius Bar came from a thin white box. I got it replaced on the first day the iPhones went on sale, so it was definitely a brand new one.

5. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

UPDATE: I took my iphone in today, the genius acknowledged that it was a "loose camera" and offered a "service replacement" (those in the thin white boxes). I asked him nicely if I could swap it for a brand new one, he asked his manager, who was happy to oblige.