Geniuses Replacing Battery/Vibrate Motor/Camera at Apple Store Now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by username008, Mar 21, 2012.

1. username008 macrumors regular

Hey guys!

Question for you all, I didn't know that Apple Geniuses now replaced iPhone batteries, vibrate motors, and cameras at the store.

I've had my iPhone 4 and 4S replaced a couple times and once it was due to a battery problem and the other time the vibrate. Both times they completely replaced the phone.

My new iPhone 4S replacement had a camera that didn't focus on close up objects so I went to the apple store expecting a replacement, but instead they just replaced the camera. This is good because I don't have to spend more money getting another screen protector etc.

My question is, when did they make this change that geniuses could now replace these parts at the store? And what are your thoughts on this... should they just give a replacement phone instead?

Thanks guys!

2. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

3. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

I've never heard of this either but given that I've spent a fair amount of time inside the iPhone I'm not surprised. All 3 of those parts that you listed are insanely easy to replace, the vibrator is 2 screws, the camera isn't even any screws (I take that back there may be a shield that needs to be removed before the camera ribbon pops off). and the battery is a single screw.

4. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

Around spring of last year they started. It's kind of a pain. I worked at a retail store and watched them do it a couple times.