Genocide

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, May 24, 2019.

?

Kill 1/2 of every thing?

1. Yes. But you need to be one of the ones gone

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. No. Put the bong down

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Go to hell midget

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  4. How about just the politicians croak?

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. Kill religion while we are at it

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

we are seemingly over populated and filling up Mother Earth with plastic waste among other things.
    If Thanos was real and we could wipe out 1/2 pf everyone do you think we could start over making things better?

2. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

I don't think that's the right approach. But stop births for a while; Obviously not entirely, but limit it to 1 child per couple or something - Not a hard limit, but an incentivised one.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Incentivize how? The less kids you have the better the refund? The more kids you have the more you are taxed?

4. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

The specific implementation would have to vary by country, based on existing legislation and culture, but essentially things of that nature, yes.
    Although there's a massive risk of penalising the poor, so that neds to really be thoroughly considered.

I would say that the very first step should be prioritizing education before we get to the children-policies. The more educated a nation is, statistcally, the fewer children they have on average. Likely as a result of time constraints and focus-shifts.

5. Solver macrumors 6502a

I thought we only needed to kill all the cows.
    Does she have a newer plan?

6. Zenithal macrumors 604

Can't we roast the midget?

7. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

I hope you just forgot the /s, because the whole cow thing was never ever what it was all about; That was said as a form of jest, and should be taken in context, not as an actual plan of action. She said something like "We need to do something, because we can't very well stop all planes and kill all the cows"

8. Solver macrumors 6502a

She said,
    “We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero emissions, in 10 years because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast, but we think we can ramp up renewable manufacturing and power production, retrofit every building in America, build the smart grid, overhaul transportation and agriculture, plant lots of trees and restore our ecosystem to get to net-zero.”

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Welcome to PRSI BTW

10. weckart macrumors 601

11. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

Exactly, clearly the part about cows and airplanes was sarcasm.

Uhm. Thanks? But why are you welcoming me? It's not my first round in the forums.

Depends by what metric you consider it. Space wise, no. Ability to keep people fed; Not really if we distribute it better. What's healthy for the planet's ecosystem? Quite overpopulated with the way we live our lives.

12. hawkeye_a macrumors 65816

hawkeye_a

To be fair, we do expel CO2, which is probably a mortal sin in the Church of Climatology.

13. jerwin macrumors 68020

From Reddit, a fan theory.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/comments/93ztfq/thanos_doesnt_understand_population_growth/

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Read National Security Council Memorandum 200. You will find it very interesting.

15. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

I don't think that overpopulation is currently an issue in the US but here are some suggestions for population control.

Legalize all drugs so people will end up self euthanizing.

Give everyone a gun.

Put everyone in colosseums and start a discussion about Trump :D.

16. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Someone needs to get down there and get that thing started.

17. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

If we got rid of lawyers and all warning labels on products we could also get rid of plenty.

18. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Yep, how could I forget that one :).

19. Solver macrumors 6502a

You could make a cruel emperor.
    :eek:

20. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Why would anyone think that?

Plus we have religion drilling into everyone’s heads be fruitful and multiply. Hey yeah, that’s what God wants us to over populate the Earth like bacteria until we crash. I’m sure he would be sitting up there wondering just how much of a bunch of idiots we are. He probably even made a bet with the Devil, but I’m not prepared to say which way God went. ;)

Now since this is theoretical, the only way killing off half the population would be of any help would be a strong corporate knowledge of why this had to happen, and a strong central authority to control birth rates (think China 1 child policy), and a populace who is onboard with these kind of rules. My understanding was that sometime ago in Europe, in some countries, that young adults were not allowed to get married until the male could provide for the couple. And I’m sure the be fruitful and multiple motto was in the self interest of people living on the frontier, where half of your kids died, you needed help on the farm, and someone to take care of you in your old age. Unless we blow ourselves up, those days are long gone.

21. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

I want to try out for Game of Thrones 2 :).

22. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

This is what I imagine you'll be doing. The chess pieces will be actual people you manipulate into making certain moves ... and in the end ... none survive but his supreme highness, Plutonius, as he reigns and waits for someone to challenge him once again.

23. Solver macrumors 6502a

If no one else survives, it means, finally equal outcome achieved. Reality can’t give you anything more fair than that.

24. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

The prob with killing half the population is it would only take a gen or two to be right back to where we were

25. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

So 3/4’s. Or do 7/8’s of the population?