Geohot Arrested For Marijuana Possession

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by tctony, Mar 15, 2012.

1. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

2. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

Why are you laughing at someone who has 1/8 of an ounce and has a Medical Marijuana license; yet gets arrested? Or are you laughing because you think it's cool to bash someone who breaks Apple's "security"?

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

That's why people with their cards shouldn't bring anything out of state. The authorities love busting dumb California kids who think it's cool to try to sneak some ... not to say he is dumb, but rather that getting busted for such possession is pretty dumb in general.

4. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

Fixed it for you. His license ends when he leaves California. He should have known better. Smart people can be really stupid sometimes.

5. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Dude, what he did was illegal plain and simple no matter how people try to justify it. And he didnt just have a n1/8 he also had marijuana "eatables", which I am assuming were brownies or some other pastry etc. He had to know full well that his license only granted him those privileges in the state of Cali and knowingly brought those drugs with him. I am no fan of the law, but I'm no criminal either. Weed is illegal for a reason and like it or not the dude broke the law, doesn't matter who he is or what he does. He may be a hero to the folks in the Jailbreak world, but outside that realm he is just another guy. It is actually a breath of fresh air to see a geeky white kid get taken to jail rather than when a cop finds a smoked up Roach in some minorities car and no other weed paraphernalia anywhere get taken to jail. lol

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That and many people on this site think he is a prick/egomaniac/douche.

7. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

Whatever, he probably is. Even still, he should know better.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

all I know is that this may cause him to get fired from his real jobs and now he can go back to hacking iOS and continue being the douchebag we all hate/love.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Says the guy with "WiiDSmoker" for his user handle:D

10. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

People getting arrested for a small amount of a naturally accuring plant is the real funny thing here.

It's your body, your choice whether to smoke, drink or take drugs.

11. bwrairen macrumors 6502

Wish someone could explain that reason.....

Racist.

12. EngageWithRage, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

LOl is it racist if your one of those minorities(which I am)? Not to mention my comment was not meant to be against minorities, for them if you read it correctly. Unless you mean it is a racist comment against geeky white kidz...in which case I have to say IDGAF lol

I am not about to get into some pointless debate on why weed should be legalized, seeing as how the only people that want it legalized are the people that smoke it which seems likea conflict of interest so to speak lol. I am glad it is illegal though, I would hate to deal with a bunch of high idiots all day...would drive me nuts lol

13. war eagle macrumors 6502a

14. snberk103 macrumors 603

I don't smoke it... but I want it legalized. It is a huge drain on taxpayers arresting/trying/housing people who are getting just as "high" as a bunch of people in a bar on a friday night.

So, now he goes to jail. Now he is with a group of peers who support what he has done. He will have a hard time getting a job and supporting himself gainfully (to use the old-fashioned term).... but not to worry... while in jail he will learn the skills to be a better criminal.

Oh yeah.... this makes a lot of sense. I feel much safer now. Well, actually not really - since I already live in a jurisdiction that has de-criminalized possession of small amounts of weed. If the police even bother - you are basically given ticket and told to pay a fine.

And the sky didn't fall in either.

15. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

Lets legalize the use of every other drug as well? Cocaine, Crack, Meth etc? It bothers me when people try to downplay the negative effects weed has on people, alot of the side effect include things much worse than the "munchies", and I have seen them first hand. And yes, Alcholism is a big issue, but legalizing weed would basically add to that issue because not only would we have a bunch of drunks driving around we would have a bunch high idiots driving around putting people in danger too.

Geohot made his own decision and now has to deal with it, no amount of excuses will change that fact.

I won't get into debate about our Crimical Justice system (I mean it this time), I have seen folks come out of prison changed(for the better), some come out worse or don't come out at all. So yeah..

16. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

I don't smoke it so there's no conflict of interest. Prohibition is stupid, please actually read into the issue before stating such ill considered and unfounded views.

People are going to smoke the stuff whether it is legal or not, the only thing prohibition achieves is providing a profitable market for cartels and ruining the lives of those who choose to smoke when they get caught, at great expense to the taxpayer.

Yes, keeping it illegal just finances cartels, better to regulate and in the case of such harmful drugs as coke/meth allow doctors to look after addicts.

The US imprisons around two and a half million people, half of those for non-violent drug crimes. The system doesn't work and if you think it does you're not worth engaging with as you're clearly that far gone.

17. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Here we go.

But alcohol is ok?

Alcohol can easily be taxed but pot can't. That's the reality of it.

18. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Using my highly trained professional interpretive skills, I infer from your subtle post that you don't like this guy (whoever he is).

Just thought I'd clarify that for that who are not as highly trained as I.

I live to serve... :rolleyes: ;)

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I think the real problem is that there's a DHS checkpoint in the middle of the highway. Why should law enforcement be allowed to stop everyone and search their car?

20. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

They shouldn't, and people should not be putting up with it.

21. snberk103 macrumors 603

I suspect that there would be fewer people driving round high ... the rate of drunk driving is at record low levels because there is a lot of $$ pumped into education programs, designated drivers, and enforcement. Because weed is "illegal" there is no program to educate them to do otherwise, no societal pressure to not smoke and drive, and the police have a poor range of tools to detect and enforce driving while under the influence of weed.

I agree that Geohot made his own choices. He should have known better, and he will suffer for a moment of bad judgement. But that doesn't make the law on this any less stupid.
    The fact is, the vast bulk of people coming out of an American prison will have a much harder time than before they went in.
    Yep, that's frightening.

22. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Think he'll be able to... Do a jailbreak?

( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!

23. bwrairen macrumors 6502

First off, I am 39 years old and haven't smoked ANY weed since 1992, and have no desire to. Still see no reason for it to be illegal.

And as far as the racism comment is concerned, you've proven yourself as having racist tendencies. Would it be ok if I, (as a white male) commented on a (whatever minority you are) being arrested and said " at least they are leaving us white people alone!". The answer is no. That is clearly racism. But that's exactly what you said, and then added IDGAF. Remember that the next time you think someone is being prejudicial against you.

24. war eagle macrumors 6502a

i'm about 99% sure you guys are taking this way more serious than any of the involved parties.

25. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Yeah he'll probably get a slap on the wrist and that's it. He's unlikely to see jail time for small possession.