George Bush Billboard: 'Miss Me Yet?'

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
That is ****ing awesome! Really it is. Not that I miss him or don't but seriously funny.

May 8, 2008
I thought it was pretty funny. It would be interesting to know who was behind it.

May 8, 2008
Local news said that it was "a group of local business owners". Side note: The town of Wyoming, MN has a city council consisting of all republicans and one democrat. ;)
Ah, I saw a breif story on it on the evening news. Didn't hear that it was local business owners. Makes sense I guess.

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
If republicans were behind it they could've used a better image and a better message. Unfortunately, it doesn't scream success for the right and only brings back the daily late night jokes back then.

And no we don't miss him.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
If republicans were behind it they could've used a better image and a better message. Unfortunately, it doesn't scream success for the right and only brings back the daily late night jokes back then.

And no we don't miss him.
My thoughts exactly. Im sure there were a few photos available where Bush looked "Presidential" and not like the answer page of a "Where's Waldo" book.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Bush was, and still is, an arse of the highest calibre. I wouldn't miss him with my shoe.

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
Anybody would be struggling right now cleaning up the mess that Bush left behind. the Economy was thriving and at it's best when clinton left.... Bush administration totally 180'd that.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
1) That's a creepy image
2) Bush was incompetent, divisive, and dangerous. 1/4 (or less) into Obama's administration...too soon to tell (but they do seem amateurish).

yojitani

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
An octopus's garden
Funny how that poster doesn't seem to convey the same message to me as it does to some of you. I thought the poster was reminding me what kind of crap we had before Obama - it's a feelgood poster. Dems could have paid for it...

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Funny how that poster doesn't seem to convey the same message to me as it does to some of you. I thought the poster was reminding me what kind of crap we had before Obama - it's a feelgood poster. Dems could have paid for it...
LOL, that is a great point.

Putting things in perspective indeed.

I do miss the goofy photos though. :p

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Anyone notice whether there was a picture of Cheney holding the puppet strings over Bush on the other Billboard?

Sydde

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Anybody would be struggling right now cleaning up the mess that Bush left behind. the Economy was thriving and at it's best when clinton left.... Bush administration totally 180'd that.
That is nice but not 100% accurate. The last part of the Clinton administration was when the dot-com bubble was bursting. But that was not really Clinton's fault. Clinton back-tracked more than a decade of deficit spending started my moRon Reagan. It was looking like the government might have a chance to attain solvency again. But Bush fixed all that. He really did turn the country around. Ran it into a ditch and may have totaled it.