George HW in the hospital

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Snoopy4, Apr 23, 2018.

1. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Hopefully he pulls through. It can't be easy to lose a spouse whom you were with longer than most people live.

2. 0007776 Suspended

Agreed. Hopefully he pulls through, but it isn't that uncommon for people to lose the will to live after a spouse dies like that.

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Just saying this, not personally hoping this...

... But Broken Heart Syndrome is a real actual diagnosis. I personally believe this is what claimed the life of Johnny Cash, as he passed away a few short months after June Carter Cash did.

I hope the same doesn't happen here.

BL.

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

In my heart I seem to like the old saying of is the other passes when the partner dies and then the old spouse dies with in months means they actually Loved each other!

5. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

The article made it sound like he still has the will to live.

6. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Yes... and he does have family and friends caring about him. I hope he'll recover and have some good times left. Sometimes the partner left behind is still strongly drawn into present life by involvement in the lives of adult children, grandkids and friends of long standing. There's grief and it's deep in such cases, but when the couple is well on in years then there are also so many funny and sweet stories that emerge in the retelling after one of the couple passes away.

It was amazing GHWB was able to involve himself in personally greeting the people who attended his late wife's services the other day. "Celebrate the life of the departed spouse, but remember the living who loved the couple" is always a good thing to hang onto when an elderly person passes, since often enough some of the other people left behind feel as bereft as does a surviving spouse. Papa Bush sure took that and ran with it on that day, even if from a wheelchair. Phenomenal for his age.

7. TC_GoldRush macrumors 6502

TC_GoldRush

Will never forget the time George HW Bush flipped the coin during the Super Bowl! I read an article saying he has a blood disease, and is recovering.

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Oh, no doubt he'll live. I'm hoping he does. But I basically am saying that if he doesn't, I can understand why, and honestly, no-one could really fault him.

BL.

9. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Sadly predictable. Hope he still has the will to continue but after so many years of love together ... :oops:

10. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

I hope he gets over this.
    The is a fighter, too.