George Zimmerman Arrested For Aggravated Assault With Weapon

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jan 10, 2015.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not many details yet.

Who could have seen this coming? :rolleyes:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/george-zimmerman-arrested-aggravated-assault-weapon-n283586

2. samiwas macrumors 65816

Well, I, myself, can say that I'm utterly shocked that such a kind, peaceful man who has always shown himself to be a pillar of society would be in trouble with the law. Oh, wait, you're talking about George Zimmerman...scratch everything I said and replace it with "Well, duh".

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Just a matter of time before he murders someone again.

I wonder what one has to do in FL to have their guns taken away from them.

4. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Before you guys get your panties in a bunch thinking this weapon was a gun it was not. All I can say is that it was a wine bottle. I'm sure that will come out at some point. I'm in no way defending him or want happened just saying that a gun was not involved.

Of course you can take that as a grain of salt as my source is a person associated with what is going on so I don't have a "link" for it ;)

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

IDGAF if he was throwing crumpled up balls of paper at her because that was the only 'weapon' he had available at the time, he's a violent man with violent tendencies, and needs to be locked up in jail and banned from owning a firearm for the rest of his life.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If he gets convicted they will be taken away. Unfortunately I'm expecting this to go as a lot of domestic violence cases do and the person he assaulted will drop charges again.

7. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Nobody did so what's your point?

8. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Gun or no gun is really irrelevant, it is his propensity towards violence and always getting into trouble.

But just imagine if he had had a gun and we were looking at another stand your ground defense case.

9. samiwas macrumors 65816

Who said anything about a gun? Who implied anything about a gun? Who even thought of a gun? When I hear "aggravated assault" I usually think of fists and feet.

But, the right-wing poster-child's repeated offenses (whether he was actually convicted or not) seem to show a pattern of behavior, one which helps explain some of the things on our minds back when his name first popped up.

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Every incident helps fill in the picture. But honestly, it was pretty evident that Z had issues from the start.

Kind, gentle and caring people don't fulfill their cop fantasies with real bullets.

Fur handcuffs, maybe. Guns and bullets? No. That takes a special kind of person.

11. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

12. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Just so long as it wasn't SKITTLES.:p

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Hmm, as someone new to this one has to wonder and look into if he has committed any violent crimes before.

14. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

not a one he is a virgin.

----------

love this part just old friends

15. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Loser. Failed to join the military and failed to join the police force. I bet even before Trayvon Martin people who know him saw it coming.

Decades ago I worked in a mall. This janitor, dude was a moron and failed the ASVAB so couldn't join the Marines. Too stupid to get a woman, too stupid to get a job above night-shift janitor, too stupid to be a jarhead. He would buff the floors at midnight with a 9mm on his waist to show his was a real bad-ass. I always wonder if he eventually popped his cork and did something violent.

16. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

the only thing he seems to manage besides violence is to get woman well till he beats them that is.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Now the real trick ... come up with the rationale to deny him his right to own and carry a gun.

Can't, can you?

That's the beauty of our laws. You can be Too stupid to get a woman, too stupid to get a job above night-shift janitor, too stupid to be a jarhead, so stupid that you'll buff the floors at midnight with a 9mm on your waist to show what a badass you are ... and we'll still let you own and carry a gun and HOPE that you don't pop your cork and kill someone.

Genius.

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

My opinion of him as a moron is not enough to invalidate his 2nd Amendment rights. That's sort of like saying I'm offended by your cartoon, so you forfeit your 1st Amendment rights.

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Ziiiiiiiiiing.

Feelings don't trump rights. But extreme lefties sure seem to wish they did

20. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Feelings the idiot has been arrested how many times how many people has he killed? How far does he have to go before he is not allowed to have a gun? The idiot is mental

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I was assuming it was an informed opinion.

But if you believe otherwise ...

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Different idiot. Read the post.

23. samiwas macrumors 65816

.......that was kind of his point........

Really? Did no one get that?

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

That your "feelings" should trump people's rights....:rolleyes:

25. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Just as your "feelings" of being tougher with a gun shouldn't trump your family's right to safety and their lives.

But despite being shown the evidence time and time again a gun in the home increases your family's risk of of death you choose the gun. Perhaps if you spent less energy on internet culture wars nonsense rallying against imaginary "lefties" and more time taking personal responsibility your family would be safer.