Germany's #1 Hit song...sung by a 4 yo girl


Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
1,790
1
Germany
With music, anything's possible in Germany. The people here buy all sorts of trash, though I have to admit that this song is kind of cute. But it's the story behind it, that made this a hit, of course.
 

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
3,225
0
somewhere between here and there.
Veldek said:
With music, anything's possible in Germany. The people here buy all sorts of trash, though I have to admit that this song is kind of cute. But it's the story behind it, that made this a hit, of course.
Translation of the German Song would be über nice. :)
 

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
4,226
21
Back in the motherland
maya said:
Translation of the German Song would be über nice. :)
I am Schnappi(snappy) the small crocodile come from Egypt, which is located directly at the Nile first I laid in an egg then schni schna snatched myself free

Ref: schni schna schnappi schnappi schnappi snatch schni schna schnappi schnappi schnappi snatch

I am Schnappi the small crocodile have sharp teeth and of these many I snatch what I can because doing that so well I can

Ref.

I am Schnappi the small crocodile I snatch gladly that's my favourite game I sneak to the mummy and show her how I can snatch

Ref.

I am Schnappi the small crocodile and I can't get enough of snatching
I bite the Daddy briefly in the leg and then then I sleep simply fall asleep

Ref.


-----

Just translated via babelfish and fixed the major errors.
Don't expect it to rhyme anymore ;) nor to be perfect (I got other things to do atm)
 

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
3,825
432
Dornbirn (Austria)
now i know what i'm missing without radio :rolleyes:

everytime you think the german/austrian charts can't get any worse..they get worse ...i think it's a law ..
 

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
1,950
99
Planet Zebes
Kraftwerk may be the only band Germany has ever given the world that isn't awful!
David Hasselhoff..................seriously:)
 

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
1,065
0
Dallas
Diatribe said:
I am Schnappi(snappy) the small crocodile come from Egypt, which is located directly at the Nile first I laid in an egg then schni schna snatched myself free

Ref: schni schna schnappi schnappi schnappi snatch schni schna schnappi schnappi schnappi snatch

I am Schnappi the small crocodile have sharp teeth and of these many I snatch what I can because doing that so well I can

Ref.

I am Schnappi the small crocodile I snatch gladly that's my favourite game I sneak to the mummy and show her how I can snatch

Ref.

I am Schnappi the small crocodile and I can't get enough of snatching
I bite the Daddy briefly in the leg and then then I sleep simply fall asleep

Ref.


-----

Just translated via babelfish and fixed the major errors.
Don't expect it to rhyme anymore ;) nor to be perfect (I got other things to do atm)
Wow! That is terrible! ;) I thought American music was bad.
 

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
1,790
1
Germany
Well, as I said before this song is kind of cute. You should listen to "De Randfichten" with "Holzmichel" if you really want trash (should be in iTMS Germany if you're interested (just like this song) – use at your own risk...).
 

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
3,825
432
Dornbirn (Austria)
Veldek said:
Well, as I said before this song is kind of cute. You should listen to "De Randfichten" with "Holzmichel" if you really want trash (should be in iTMS Germany if you're interested (just like this song) – use at your own risk...).
arghhh i just ***** hate that song ..that's nearly worse as DJ Ötzi (which have should been inprisoned a long time ago for his music crimes) or the german techno "groove coverage" idiots
 

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
2,495
0
Miami
I do not know but I do not see a way German language can sound romantic, English sounds nice, Spaish too, French but German? it sound like a bunch of insults.

By the way, I couldn't find the song.
 

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
1,985
15
Penryn
mymemory said:
I do not know but I do not see a way German language can sound romantic, English sounds nice, Spaish too, French but German? it sound like a bunch of insults.

By the way, I couldn't find the song.
The song is being sung by a four year old girl. I would hardly use romantic to describe it but cute definitely works, with her little girl voice and the lyrics it doesn't sound typically German.

Go to the German iTMS and check out 2Raumwohnung or annett louisan. I think you would be surprised.
 

pianojoe

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2001
450
15
N 49.50121 E008.54558
mymemory said:
I do not know but I do not see a way German language can sound romantic, English sounds nice, Spaish too, French but German? it sound like a bunch of insults.
Check out Xavier Naidoo's songs:

- Sie sieht mich einfach nicht
- Ich kenne nichts
- Sag es laut

or try Reinhard Mey:

- Wie vor Jahr und Tag

or Laith Al-Dean:

- Bilder von Dir


The German language is definitely among the most beautiful languages of the world: strong, passionate, elegant, and colorful.
 

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
2,702
2
hcuar said:
Wow! That is terrible! ;) I thought American music was bad.
Reminds me of the ole SNL commercial parody of smuckers, "with a name like smuckers, It must be good jam!" in this case "it is so awefully silly it must be number 1!"
 

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
1,985
15
Penryn
pianojoe said:
The German language is definitely among the most beautiful languages of the world: strong, passionate, elegant, and colorful.
I agree.

The Rilke Project has set Rainier Maria Rilke's poems to music and Einsamkeit is excellent. The link leads you to the US iTunes Music Store song.

Rilke was a German speaking Czech and his poetry is incredible.
 

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
13,519
2,556
Sod off
LOL. ;) :p :D

I think that it is possible to remix anything into a passable techno track, especially after hearing this and its many remixes.