Get Info window: Preview problem

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by stradify, Apr 30, 2018.

1. stradify, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018

stradify macrumors member

I'm stumped! Anyone know how to place album cover art into the Get Info preview window?
    It seems to be hit or miss as to whether an album shows up with it or it just shows a generic play icon.
    Here's pics of what I'm describing. The Miles Davis cut "Stuff" shows the cover art and the Metheny cut doesn't.
    Each has a cover.jpg containing the artwork in its respective folder. How do I get the Metheny artwork to populate the preview window? Without the artwork in preview I get the generic play button in iTunes and also on my universal blue-ray player. I've tried cut and pasting the cover art jpeg into the preview window but it doesn't seem to work, at least not how I'm doing it. Anyone figured out how to fix this problem? I'm running 10.13.4 and this presents the same on my '15 iMac and '11 Macbook Pro.
    Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 8.44.02 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 8.45.03 AM.png

2. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

You have to use an app that will embed the artwork into the file. For example iTunes, select the songs, and set the artwork.

3. stradify thread starter macrumors member

I've tried iTunes, Bliss and others to no avail.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 30, 2018 ---
    I wish that would fix the problem as I've tried iTunes: File>Library>Get Album Artwork and that comes back with 49 Albums that it couldn't find the artwork for. Oddly enough, some of the listed albums without artwork show the artwork!

I've also tried Bliss and one other 3rd party solution. No luck.

The Miles Davis artwork I downloaded from Google Images and saved as cover.jpeg to that albums folder.
    No intervention from iTunes was necessary. At this point all my album folders have album cover artwork either from iTunes or "hand made" by me searching the internet for the appropriate artwork.

I just need a way to get the OS to recognize the artwork by showing the cover.jpeg artwork in the Get Info's Preview window.

4. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

Nope, the separated cover.jpg file won’t work, as I said you have to embed the cover in each audio file. iTunes doesn’t do that if you use its get artworks feature, you have to select the songs, open the info window in iTunes and set the artwork manually, or use a third party app.

5. stradify thread starter macrumors member

Ritsuka,
    Now I get what you were referring to in your previous post. Excellent!
    Thanks so much! I had no idea that could be done within iTunes.