Get iPhone 5 on saturday in Verizon store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aPple nErd, Sep 13, 2012.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

What are the chances they will have some in store? I will but the 16 gb white Verizon model. Will I be able to get it?

2. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

4. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

Saturday as in 9/15? No chance.

Saturday as in 9/22? Very slim. Chances are it will be sold out on 9/21.

5. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I'd say 25% chance due to the massive amount of people who will pre order

6. MacBreezy macrumors regular

Your going to have to show up on Friday morning early to get a phone. They will sell out at the carrier locations quick because they don't get very many. I got my 4s at a Verizon store the morning of release last year because my pre-order ship date kept getting pushed back. I called and cancelled my pre-order and went to the V store early. I Just sat on the sidewalk and watched a movie on my iPad for a bit, Boondock Saints if I remember correctly:)

7. rushluvr macrumors member

This isnt going to be like the 4s launch where you have to be in line at insane times. Its going to sell, but not THAT crazy. The 4s sold like that out of the gate for 2 huge reasons. Steve Jobs had died like a week before, so there was a huge outpouring of emotion from Apple/iphone fans. Like when a singer dies and all of the sudden their albums start selling like crazy. Also, phones like the Galaxy S3, Note, One X etc...werent out a year ago. Competition is MUCH stiffer and a ton of iphone users have switched to Android in the last year. Not to mention the economy and the iphone 5 is a damn expensive phone. Its not going to be anywhere near the circus the last release was. Most people should be able to get one launch day just fine and even day after.