Get photos off of a water-damaged iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NikolasMason, May 19, 2009.

1. NikolasMason macrumors member

I know this is a long shot, but my girlfriend dropped her original iPhone into water and it now doesn't do anything but restart itself constantly. She had a lot of photos on it that she really wants though, so is there any possible way to get them off?

2. M.a.r.k. macrumors member

3. NikolasMason thread starter macrumors member

As in through iTunes?
    No, it doesn't even show up on the devices list currently. After she dropped it, it turned off, then went to the Apple screen, stays there for a few minutes, then turns off again and repeats.

4. svndmvn Guest

Restoring would simply get the backed up stuff that's in the computer back on the phone, in which case I doubt you'd want to get the photos off the phone..
    You or your friend shouldn't have used the phone at all for a few days, it is actually useful to put it in a bag of uncooked rice for a few days. Unless it works I doubt you can get anything off it. Is it jailbroken? Some SSH could be possible in that case..

5. dseig001 macrumors member

Either buy a new iPhone or restore another iphone using her backup, then pull the pics off of the working phone.

6. M.a.r.k. macrumors member

okay, then i would try to get into safe mode/recovery mode -> where it tells you to connect the phone with itunes

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=367

edit:
    damn i thought you want to try to get it working, and not just rescue the pix, in that case shh may help i guess or restoring onto another iphone if the backup contains the pictures

7. fratboy macrumors regular

ok try and put the phone is dfu. my iphone did this went i got water on it and it works FINE now.. ok hold home button and power button till iphone shuts off.. when it shuts off LEAVE IT ALONE for a few days ok dont touch it dont turn it on.. after that it should be dry .. then plug it in and try and use it..

like i said SAME EXACT thing happened to me.