Get Ready for Inflation and Higher Interest Rates

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by fivepoint, Jun 11, 2009.

1. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124458888993599879.html
    Interested in thoughts from the group.

2. Cursor macrumors 6502

Cursor

We and the dollar are screwed, and there is no turning back now. Helicopter Ben turned on his printing presses, which, in-turn will shut down our economy.

At the very least, the Fed should be able to be audited. Ron Paul's bill is up to 209 co-sponsors, but faces a lot more obstacles before it can become a law. I don't see why a non-corrupt congressman would have a problem with the Fed being audited (they control the whole country's monetary policy for godsake!), but that I fear is the problem. Most of our congressmen are corrupt and/or fear the Fed's henchmen.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The whole system is bought off, we have prostitutes running this country and nothing less only they sell votes instead of sex. Thats why China makes almost everything including Chevy's soon.

4. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

More money you print = 100% guarantee to have hyperinflation.

High interest rates first then just wait... hyperinflation is coming.

Get prepared. Sad part is that these shenanigans has been going on since 1913 when the Federal Reserve was signed in by Woodrow Wilson. Just now that they have printed so much money the past decades, they just cant hide it anymore.

People are just now slooowwly figuring out that the Fed is the problem all these years with manipulated markets and controlled inflation. Now since the deficit is so high its out of control and they cant control it any longer.

Just watch in 2-5 years people will find out that all this time we did not have to pay income tax for wages and labor (doesnt say anywhere in our law or constitutions that we have to and supreme court ruled many times that we dont have to pay income tax). There will be revolts.

5. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Please read the 16th amendment to the constitution. I have nicely added it below for you.

Now that all you creditability has completely been shot can you please stop posting your mindless basely no proof what so ever things.

6. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

You should watch a film by Aaron Russo called America to Fascism. He clearly goes through why we dont have to pay income tax.

Did you know that the 16th amendment wasnt ratified if you look into history?

http://www.apfn.net/Doc-100_bankruptcy20.htm

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

please provide a creditable source.

Also the fact that it has been around for over 96 years and never been challenge also says to be that the link you provided is completely bogus.

Reason I say this is in this world with everyone is ME ME ME some one would of figured it out in 96 years and their for would of sued and won the case.

So yet again your creditability is shot. Please read my previous post.

8. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Here this will explain much better for you.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article15399.htm

Watch this. I find it interesting in the IRS book it never defines the word income in the code.

Definition of income in the constitution is gains and profits made from some activity, income is not wages or labor (Supreme court defined Eisner vs. Macomber)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisner_v._Macomber its gain from corporate activity.

IRS code also saids its voluntary to file an income tax. Crazy.

http://supreme.justia.com/us/247/165/ Peck vs. lowe check it out.

Your labor is your private property its an even exchange, I do some work for someone its a trade.

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

whelp seems like we're ****ed

aggravates me as i have been a responsible citizen yet have to pay the price for others mistakes

10. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Reason why we pay income taxes is due to the IRS which are thugs of the feds. They send you to jail. Check out the video I just put on the links its freakin crazy.

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

hey them having this crazy tax code will just enable them to silence dissenters once our country takes a turn to fascism lol

12. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Too bad were already in a Fascist state and have been. Corporate merges with government = fascism defined directly from stalin.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

If you're so sure of this, I would suggest that you stop paying income tax and see what happens.

You wouldn't be the first to do so; so on the bright side, you'd have company in your jail cell.

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I've seen that film. It was a bunch of libertarian, conspiracy theorist garbage. If no one pays income tax, where will the government get money to pay for things we need, like roads, schools, policemen and firefighters?

Fail.

15. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

They pocket most of the money of course but throw a little something out into the economy. Notice why construction is never finished?

If they spend the money that they tax us from income taxes man it would be a much better looking constructed freeways and locals.

They spend that money to fund the military too for the wars that we dont need to be in of course.

Were already a fascist country, have been and probably will until the dollar collapses.

I also find it odd that 80% of the people voted against the bail out, I guess we dont matter because it failed the first time then they just ran it through again with little revisions to get it passed because they have to bail out their corrupted friends.

America couldnt fall no way, the dollar couldnt collapse no way, were too big too fail thats why. Please~~

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Construction around here is always finished on time, but that doesn't even have to do with anything. You didn't even answer the damn question anyways. If the government stopped taxing us, and took in no money from the people, how the hell do they pay for these things? Print money? Isn't that what you people have been whining about all along? They can't just pull money out of thin air, and the policemen and firemen aren't going to work for free.

Also, I suggest you read up on the definition of fascism before calling this country fascist. Nazi Germany was fascist. Pre-WWII Italy was fascist. North Korea is fascist. The US is not fascist. If the US was a fascist country, your ass would be hauled off to a reeducation labor camp for criticizing the government in the way you have. The very fact that you continue to post these complaints, hell, the very fact you have internet access in the first place, is proof that this country is not fascist. How about you go spend a few weeks in North Korea and let us know what real fascism is if you get back.

17. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

What are you talking about? Government taxes on most things. They take property tax for one thing to fund almost everything. Each state property tax funds the area.

Fascism is when corporate merges with the government. What do we have here? Federal Reserve is a private bank its pretty much merged with the treasury and the government.

There's alcohol tax, sales tax, cigarette tax, theres virtually almost tax on everything. You clearly have not seen this movie have you? Or have done any research. But its ok continue to think the government is almighty and that their interest is saving you.

Just be ready when the dollar collapses.

18. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

the trend has been moving that direction though thanks to the Bush regime

latest rumors are to implement an additional national sales tax to fund the govt shortcomings in the budget

19. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I believe were in more of a passive aggressive fascist country. Its more high tech wise and intelligently done instead of the old school brute force.

20. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Yea thats the VAT tax. Its going to be something like 17.5% (which is what is charged in most parts in europe).

But do you honestly think we can dig ourselves out of this hole with a VAT tax? People are already paying a lot of tax on many different things, but the more we print money this wont matter. It'll just keep squeezing the little people more and more.

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yeah, I saw the movie. I think I would've rather watched 2 girls 1 cup on an endless loop for a few hours instead, but I saw it a few years ago when it came out.

Even with the property tax and other taxes, it's not enough. Like it or not, we need a military. We need things like medicare and social security. We need things like the FCC to regulate who is using what frequencies. We need an FAA for the air traffic control to make sure two planes aren't on a collision course. We need an FTC to help prevent monopolies which only hurt the consumer. We need public schools because $30,000/year tuition for a private school is not an option for most. These things are not optional and no country would be able to survive without providing such things, and the funding has to some from somewhere, and property taxes or alcohol taxes would not be enough. And I don't know about you, but every time I turn on my cell phone and it works because 93 companies aren't using the same frequency, or every time my plane lands safely because ATC guided it from my starting point to my destination without crashing it into another plane, I think that's tax dollars well spent.

Also, the definition of fascism:
    The US is most certainly not fascist.

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Link please. I work on government construction projects, and I've yet to experience one that does not get completed. So let's see what your evidence for this statement is.

Of course I realize it's futile to ask you to back up any of this, as you've not done so for any of the outlandish claims you've made, but what the heck...

23. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Income doesn't need to be defined in a simple form in the tax code. The calculation of income for taxes is far too complex to be defined in a few words. But, what us in accounting commonly accept as income for tax purposes is how much money you make less any applicable deductions, that is what you would report as a "net income" figure on your taxes.

I'd like a link to where income is defined in the constitution, please. A court case is not equivalent to the constitution.

I suggest you try not filing income taxes. It may be "voluntary," but its punishable by hefty fines and/or lots of jail time.

People voted on the bailout? Other than senators and congressmen? The revision process is the way the two houses were designed to work, that is way the bill failed the first time and passed the second.

Is this for real? I actually laughed out loud when I read this. Government taxes hardly comprises what facism promotes in its economy. Facism promotes cartels, not taxes. Our government hardly promotes a cartel economy, in fact, its blatantly discouraged and illegal.

I'd love to see you use real research in any of your posts, not conspiracy theories and vague non-legal interpretations of court cases.

24. Cursor macrumors 6502

Cursor

Guys-this is supposed to be about interest rates and inflation. Lets take the thread back on track and keep your petty comments to IM, please.

25. Desertrat macrumors newbie

'Scuse me. What does the Sixteenth Amendment with its Income Tax have to do with the Federal Reserve Bank?

The FRB and the treasury folks have inflated the money supply. That's not subject to political viewpoint; it's what's been done. History tells us that it's factual that inflation of the money supply causes high consumer price inflation. That's simple enough; the more there is of something, the less each unit is worth.

We now have a rate of CPI which is higher than the Keynesian target. It's not uniform across the marketplace, of course. It's relatively low in the food supply--although production costs are rising. It's rather high in manufacturing and maintenance costs of heavy equipment--which translates into higher construction costs in tax-paid work. And commodities have been on a roll, from an investment standpoint.

Many highly competent investment advisors and analysts are expecting a return to the very high inflation rates of the 1970s; some fear even worse. The arguments seem to be about the timng of the onset. It varies from sometime this summer for the pessimists; no later than late winter or early spring for the optimists.

The only known "cure" is for the FRB to raise its rates. Volcker did that in 1979, and brought the economy to a screeching halt for three years. Since the present economy has already halted, one wonders at the ensuing unemployment if the FRB rate were raised.

As far as complaints about the "Jekyll Island Monster", note that its policies coupled with those of the Treasury and the Congress have combined to reduce the buying power of the dollar by some 96% since 1930. I really doubt that coffee is "worth" more now than fifty and more years ago, but I haven't had a nickel cup for a helluva long time. Nor turned the key and driven away in a brand-new, special-order 3/4-ton Chevy van for $3,100 as I did in 1971.

'Rat