Get Ready... MW Tokyo?

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
hmm, I still have a little doubt about this... since nothing big has been announced at Tokyo before... last year was just the Flower Power and the Blue Dalmation. Everything else was just re-announcing the old stuff.

BUT... I also see that maybe this fact itself gives it a potential for happening. Steve definetely has something up his sleeves... so they would release something totally new at the most unexpected place, at the most unexpected time.

I'm certainly glad im going to be there! :) :) :D :D :) :D :) :D

irmongoose

abe

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2002
It will be MacOS X 10.2 and the iMac with 17" monitor and the GeForce4 ...

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
I reckon that an increased ipod capacity + rumoured music software. That would keep a streamlined "music" orientated theme.

As for OSX.2, I think everything it too quiet for this to be released.

iPod

PLEASE 10gb please 10 gbplease 10 gbplease 10 gbplease 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb please 10 gb.

Sorry that is alot of spam.

rugby

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2002
chicago
My prediction is that we'll see 10.2 demoed and there will be an iPod update to 10gb and new software for it.

freedom

macrumors member
music

Originally posted by Falleron
I reckon that an increased ipod capacity + rumoured music software. That would keep a streamlined "music" orientated theme.
Yes!
An editing tool like Final Cut Pro for the musicians/producers!
That would be something… And new "semi-pro" speakers!
(preferably from harman kardon)

Spock

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
17" iMac I don't think so. The iMac is Apples "Low Cost" computer if Apple put a 17"in. the price would skyrocket. I predict updates to Mac X , and a few demo's from Conectix and Adobe. And update's for Office X.

mmanfrey

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2002
Let's not forget...

there may be some news about the aquisition and new direction of Nothing Real.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by rugby
My prediction is that we'll see 10.2 demoed and there will be an iPod update to 10gb and new software for it.
I think I'm with u on this one....these things seem much more likely than something "BIG" taking place...I don't think it'll be till later this year before we get that...

serpicolugnut

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2001
Atlanta, GA
No new hardware...

Apple has already stated there will be no new hardware at this expo. You might see an update to the iPod, but other than that, I'm sure Apple will probably stick to the no new hardware message they put out a month ago.

What you will probably see is updated software. iTunes and iMovie are both ripe for upgrades. Plus we'll see demos of Apple Remote Desktop, and maybe some other unannounced software package.

Maybe we'll even see a demo of 10.2 (or whatever they will end up calling it).

My guess is since there will be no new hardware, the focus of this keynote will be that Mac OS X is now 1 year old, and all the great and wonderful stuff that's avaiable for it now.

Jookbox

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2002
Originally posted by rugby
i agree, but i would hardly consider that 'big' news.

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
Japanese are big into portable electronics, ithey're everywhere. I wouldnt be suprised seing an ipod update or some new portable "i" device. Along with 10.2, or maybe an itunes update.

gentry

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2002
Apple is making new ads for magazines to hit by the 24th. Also, there's that rumor of an ad during the Oscars. All are timed adjacent to MC Tokyo.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by dualburn001
Anyone remember what was announced at last years Tokyo Expo?
Here's a link to last year's keynote:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwtky01/

According to the QT chapters, here's the lineup:
Mac OS X Update
Maya Demo
PowerBook G4
PowerMac G4
Megahertz Battle
Power to Burn
PowerMac G4 Extras
NVIDIA GeForce 3
id Software Demo
Apple's Vision
iTunes
iDVD
G4 Cube Update
Japanese iTools
New iMacs
New iMac TV ads

Dig the suit!

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Talk about the most reliable source around! Something somewhat big MAY happen. Give me a break, the sun may explode tomorrow after aliens shoot it down... it also may not.

Does this mean I do not think anything big will happen, no, but I will not be taking my pre-expo "facts" from someone who uses the word "may". I may as well go see a fortune teller for all it's worth.