Resolved Get rid of annoying YouTube ads in videos. (Tip)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mtnDewFTW, Mar 29, 2011.

1. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Are you also tired of YouTube trying to make a quick buck on every single video on their site? Sometimes the ads take up more time than the video you're trying to watch. Recently, I came across this really cool Safari extension that does two things, and it does them very well. First, it gets rid of the Flash player and replaces it with a stable, HTML5 player. Similar to the one Apple uses on their site. Then, it gets rid of all the annoying ads YouTube forces us to watch before the actual video.

This extension is called YouTube5. You can go and get it now if you're using Safari. It will also let you change back to the original player, with just one click of a button. In the extension settings, you'll be able to set your default resolution (720p, 1080p, etc,). Of course you'll be able to change the resolution if your internet connection isn't fast enough by hovering your mouse over the video and clicking the "i" icon on the top right corner of the video. There, will also be able to change the player back to the original Flash player.

Please don't think that this is some spam advertisement. I honestly really do enjoy this extension, and I feel like some people may not know about it, so I just wanted to share with all of you :)

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

4. simsaladimbamba

The ClickToFlash extension also gets rid of the ads.

5. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wish :rolleyes:

6. bmb012 macrumors 6502

How is this different from going to www.youtube.com/html5 ?

Had some problems with their html5 player earlier, though, is this more stable?

7. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's very different. The YouTube HTML5 player just sucks. This extension uses a completely different player. Much more stable.