iPod touch Get the iOS 5 status bar and permanantly YouTube and maps back on iOS 6?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aPple nErd, Apr 14, 2013.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Any way to? Want it to look like iOS 5, and also delete passbook and apple maps, and change my iOS version I. Settings to 5.1.1

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Not without restoring your device to iOS 5.1.1 or jailbreaking.

3. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Why did you update to iOS 6 if you miss iOS 5?

What device do you have? Open cydia and check what shsh blobs do you have for your device. If its a 3GS or 4, you can downgrade to 5.1.1 if you have the shsh blob

5. lucastatic macrumors regular

I can understand wanting the default Google Maps app back. Maybe, the new one has superb turn-by-turn. But I cannot understand wanting the old YouTube app back... it was absolute trash, being unable to play a good chunk of YouTube's content due to there being no advertising in-app. This request seems more pointless proof of concept than anything, and a good way to brick your iPhone.

On the constructive advice front, you could theoretically find an iOS 5 artwork compilation and move the appropriate images over (ie for Phone.app and... the other stuff). I don't think anyone's mastered the pre iOS 6 silver status bar, but Blackout in Cydia allows a permanently black one. You can also use a number of tweaks to hide apps (like Passbook and Apple's Maps) from Springboard, SBSettings and Springtomize come to mind. And for the record, I have Google Maps set to be my default maps application using Browser Changer. I only use Apple's Maps rarely when Google gives me incorrect directions (because yes folks, this does happen).

Best of luck, I guess.

6. clockworkorange macrumors regular

One thing I miss from the old YouTube app is the ability to play karaoke through the app and show it on the screen, now I would need an airplay device rather than dock to my karaoke machine and play through it.