Getting a 1-800 number for my iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Imola Ghost, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I own a business that requires me to travel all over the country (USA) and I'd like to add a 1-800 but without changing phones or my current number.

I've read about services called "Ring Central" but they seem quite expensive with monthly fees and devices you have to have (not sure on the phone devices but I'm pretty sure).

Does anyone have recommendations for 1800 number with low fees for a small business.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

3. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

Can I chose a certain 800 number?

I don't want to have to open an application just to make calls, if that's the way it works.

4. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Other than using a 3rd party to do your 1-800 service, you will find getting a 1-800 number to be very expensive. Most business get long distance plans a very lower rates.

5. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

There are cheaper alternatives to RingCentral out there (though I personally use RingCentral for my business and I find that it is the best).

You can't get a 1-800 number programmed directly into your phone, but any of those services can forward it to your phone. What's good about this anyway is that you can set the time it does so.

For example, if you want to be available 9 AM to 5 PM, you can set it to forward to your phone during those times and give them a specialized voicemail after that.

Just google around "buy 1-800 number" and you'll find a ton of companies offering these services.

What's good about RingCentral is that they have their own iOS app which makes it easy to check 1-800 voice mails, place outbound calls, etc.

If you have a serious business the money isn't that big an investment and it makes you look like the big boys.

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

1-800 was great two decades back when everyone primarily used their land line. A business could receive your calls without causing you to incur expenses.

Today, everyone from kids to grannies have cellphones with long distance included. Its irrelevant vanity. Plenty of established modern companies have skipped acquiring a 1-800 due to obsolescence.