Getting a good apple rep.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jmarziano, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Jmarziano macrumors member

I bought my iPhone 5 last Friday and it had a scratch on the screen itself and some wifi issues. The wifi issues have since gone away after I did a soft reset. I have apple care+ also. I called apple and they said I'm basically screwed and that I can't do anything about it.

It's all about getting a good CS rep. I'll be calling back.

2. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I remember a few years ago when I had the 3GS and the speaker audio stopped working. I took it to one Apple store and they were about to replace it when one guy came out of nowhere with an attitude and grabbed the phone to perform a water damage test. While I did not appreciate his attitude/tone I wasn't worried because I babied my phone and knew it couldn't have water damage.

Sure enough, his little test came back positive for water damage. I tried to call ********, especially since he wouldn't even show me the little indicator which said there was water damage. I immediately drove to another Apple store where they did end up replacing it on the spot. They replaced it after also running a water damage test that came back negative.

Moral of the story is I agree with you completely. Sometimes you just get an ******* who is having a bad day and wants to take it out on you. Other times you get someone with actual customer service skills who is willing to actually help you out.