Getting a Hi-res anti-glare display for MacBook Pro 15 aftermarket?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by howareyoukk, Nov 4, 2013.

1. howareyoukk macrumors regular

my macbook pro has a hi-res glossy display and it is terrible around lights..so i went to my local computer store today and see if i can somehow replace my glossy display with a anti-glare display. I wasnt too sure if they could do it for me...surprisingly, the store manager said that they can do it and it will cost me 260 bucks (AUD)(160 for the matt display +100 labourer fees)...I was concerned if he can actually somehow get a real hi res anti glare (not the fake one that made in some small factories in china)...he told me that he can get it for me from apple's suppliers and it will be genuine...so what do u guys think? can I trust him with the anti-glare display and is it worthwhile for me to go from glossy to anti-glare..thanks :) is it still possible to get a genuine component from apple since my cmbp 15 is discontinued...

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Doesn't the price seem too low?

I thought LCD panels, particularly high resolutions are much more expensive. Are you sure he's not just putting on a anti-glare layer on top of the display panel?

Seems too good to be true to me

3. howareyoukk thread starter macrumors regular

i think the price is ok..because it cost me around 250 dollars to high upgrade to hi-res glossy from apple.. i even showed him a picture of anti-glare macbook pro on google..(the white bezel one)..still not sure if the matt screen he is getting genuinely come from apple...Oh... also he said that it will take three days for the screen to come and about one and half hour to put it on.