Getting a new iphone, 6, 6s or 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphoneflow, Sep 12, 2016.

1. iphoneflow macrumors newbie

iphoneflow

Hi, I'm getting a new iPhone, I'm not sure which one to get. The 7 is obviously more expensive than the rest, however is faster and has new features I guess. I won't be upgrading for atleast 2 years. Which one should I get? Thanks.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

If you're not going to upgrade for at least 2 years why would you even consider the 6?

3. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

Take the 6s.

6 has just 1gb ram, and with this touch disease it's risky
    6s- has 2 gb ram, better materials , better camera, better cpu,gpu, better glass, 3dtouch, better touch id sensor
    7- it's expensive and it's like a 6SS so it's a matter of prefference :)

IMO take the 6s

4. unglued macrumors member

I would say at least a 6s.

I upgraded from a 6+ to 6s+ and can feel the speed difference, I was never happy with the 6+ performance, some delays. I only upgraded because I needed an unlocked phone to support SIM cards in China but very happy with the 6s performance.

5. canuckRus macrumors 6502

canuckRus

The iPhone 6S is the sweet spot pricewise and with its 3DTouch & Touch ID being more reliable and instantaneous compared to the iPhone 6. It should hold you over until the iPhone 8 makes its appearance.
    http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/compare/

6. Maggiep67 macrumors regular

Maggiep67

The info on the 7 didn't knock my socks off. This Saturday, I traded in my 6+ for a 6S+. Wow... Totally impressed with how fast it is, like the 3D Touch features and I REALLY wanted the Rose Gold color after seeing it in person. My 6+ was just under 2 years and was starting to have some small issues and with iOS 10 releasing tomorrow, I think the 6S+ is a better choice to make full use of the new operating system. Like lots of people, I think next year will be a big year for the iPhone. I'm sure I will want to upgrade to that one and I'll keep this one as a backup.

7. chscag macrumors 68000

I agree with the previous post. I'm not impressed with the 7 and after doing the math, it's going to be one expensive iPhone when adding Apple Care +. My wife has a 6s+ and that's what I'm going to get. Our local Apple Store has plenty of them in stock.

8. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The 6s is still is and will be a great iPhone for yeas to come, especially with the upgraded storage and price cut. The iPhone 7 is more future proof and the latest and greatest.

My iPhone 7 will be here on Friday.

9. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502a

10. unglued macrumors member

11. Shane_Paradis macrumors newbie

I'm in love with my SE. Though I had a 6s plus before I had my note 5 and that was amazing. I'm into one handed operation (get your mind out of the gutter!) so I like small phones.