Getting a replacement iphone sent to me, what do I need to do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MisterBigMack, Sep 24, 2013.

1. MisterBigMack macrumors member

Hi

Managed to crack the back of my iphone 5 and claimed on my phone insurance which they are replacing with another iPhone 5, I have been told to back up anything that I have on the phone, what do I need to do?

I have icloud activated on the phone with it synced with my iMac, I know I can easily get the contacts back and calendars and everything but I have a lot of photos on my phone, I think it is all in my photo stream but when i get my replacement phone how do I go absolute getting it all back on?

2. AboutThisMac macrumors member

3. MisterBigMack thread starter macrumors member

4. AboutThisMac macrumors member

An iTunes backup will backup everything.

When you get your replacement, hit 'Restore from Backup' and select the last backup you made.

After you've done that, your new phone should be a carbon copy of the one you sent in....

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

I recommend backing up with iCloud over iTunes. I've found that iTunes fails to restore most of my apps/saves after, whereas iCloud has never failed me.

6. MisterBigMack thread starter macrumors member

Ok, to be honest in the near future when the new iPads are released I am selling my mac to get an iPad so my backups will eventually be all in iCloud...

In which way is backing up to icloud different? Or just rather then to a HDD it's done to the cloud?

Thanks very much, forgot I could restore a backup!

That saves all my photos on my device? Like I said I kjow everything else is saved with iCloud but I didn't know about my photos..