Getting an iPhone 4 right now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kojil, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Kojil macrumors newbie

Hey there!

I've never owned an Apple device since this summer, when I've got myself a 16GB iPad 2. I'm very happy with it and I love iOS. Right now I want to switch my android phone to iOS.
    I was thinking about getting an iPhone 4, what you guys think about that?
    I mostly use my phone for calling, little browsing, messaging and to listen to music. Will the iPhone 4 be up to the task on a daily basis for my needs or should I wait and get an iPhone 4s?

Thanks for reading!:)

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Probably would be fine for your use, but I'd at least try and get a 4S. The 4 uses a very similar processor to the 3GS, and that's four year old tech. 4S will see massive improvements in general speed and apps

The 4 wouldn't really be worth it IMO. I'd go 4S minimum.

3. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

A 4 will do those things but a friend of mine just got a 4S yesterday. He was upgrading from a 4 and is very very happy with the device's speed.

Edit: I also own a 4S and have always been very satisfied with this device.

4. mdcosta911 macrumors member

mdcosta911

I loved my 4! But considering it's pretty much a legacy hardware now, and the 4S almost is, I would recommend going for the new form factor 5.

5. businezguy macrumors 6502

I'd really recommend you get the iPhone 4S at the very minimum. You can pick one up for 0$ under a two year contract or get a relatively affordable purchase through Craigslist/Ebay. There are now a quite a few available since people are selling them to get the iPhone 5c/s.

6. jumpman25 macrumors regular

I would try to get at least a 4s. I'm currently using an iPhone 4 (upgrading to a 5s) and it runs VERY slow with iOS 6. I think the 4s is when they made the jump to a dual core processor so you literally get twice the processing power by going from the 4 to the 4s.

7. Kojil thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys! Yeah, the single-core CPU is my main reason against the i4. I guess I will just save some money and either get a 4S or maybe a 5. Thanks again!:)