Getting iPad w/Wifi & 3G, is a 13" MBP or 27" iMac better with it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SmallvilleGirl, Apr 18, 2010.

1. SmallvilleGirl macrumors newbie

Hi, Right now I have a crappy PC desktop and an ASUS G51VX gaming laptop 16" and an iPhone 3GS 32GB. I am purchasing a 64GB iPad with 3g whenever it becomes available and I'm selling my ASUS laptop. I definitely want to switch over to a Mac as I'm so over PC but I'm not sure which one I should get. I mainly browse the web, watch Youtube, do some photo and video editing (family photos and videos-nothing fancy), video chat with relatives, and go on iTunes. I'm really looking forward to purchasing the keyboard and practicing the piano on GarageBand.

Which computer do you recommend? On one hand, the 13" MBP has more portability, and it would really help when doing iChat, I can just bring the laptop to the kids who are 2 & 4 and they can chat with family. I'm afraid that they're not used to standing in one spot to chat in front of an iMac. I know that I'll have an iPad that I'll probably bring around most of the time but in the back of my head, at least I'll have the option to bring the MBP with me if I needed to. On the other hand the 27" iMac has a huge screen with better specs, but just not mobile. I'd also have to share it with other family members of course cuz it's just so darn nice looking, whereas if I got the MBP it would be only mine since the other family members already have their own laptop. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you for your help.

2. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez

iMac is overkill.
    Go with a low end 13" MBP.
    It's really nice having a mobile laptop, use it on the couch, the bed, the desk, the car, the plane, ect. I couldn't bring my self to use a desktop ever again.

Plus you want it to be yours right?