Getting iphone 3G tomorrow, but i have a few questions..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Elaralas, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Elaralas macrumors newbie

I am heading to my apple store tomorrow to upgrade my iphone. But i have a few quick questions. I need to know what i need to bring with me to get this ball rollin. You see, i am on my grandmas at&t account, but i am a authorized user of the account. Is there stuff i need to bring with me when i get this baby tomorrow morning???

2. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

You need to bring grandma(doesnt matter if ur an authorized user, acct holder needs to be there), U need to bring 199(8gig) or 299(16gig) cash plus appropriate taxes, Also, make sure ur eligible for an upgrade for the cheaper prices or u have the previous first gen iphone which automatically makes u eligible. Also, bring [atience as u will prolly be waiting in line.

3. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

not true. my family plan is in my fiancé's name, and I not only upgraded from the first gen without her there, i was also about 500 miles away. What you do have to have is the last 4 digits of the primary account holder's social security number.

4. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

i thought you HAD to pay with a credit card for the phone this time.

5. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

yep, or a gift card. apple made iphone gift cards, but a regular apple one should work also. itunes gift cards do not.

6. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

You can pay cash or credit. I just meant bring money to buy it. lol

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

neither the Apple Store in Chicago or Ann Arbor that I was in would let you use anything but a credit card or gift card.

8. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

I bought mine with cold hard cash from an att store. I was 20th in line on july 11th. Guy in front of me wasnt the acct holder but was authorized user on acct and didnt get to purchase one. Thats why i said what i said. Maybe its changed since then or maybe its a store by store thing.

9. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

maybe it is store by store for cash vs. cc. you definitely don't have to be the primary account holder. the guy in front of you probably didn't know the primary's social.

10. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

perhaps the ATT stores arn't enforcing the no cash rule.

11. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

OK, 86 what i said about the account holder part, Mikey might be right as i didnt go into detail with the guy in line. Might wanna call att or apple. Whichever store you are going to buy the phone from.

12. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Next: did you get your phone at ATT or Apple?

i'm curious because i was at apple in chicago and wanted to pay by check and they wouldn't let me use anything but a card.