Getting iPhone 5S in December; excited to upgrade from 4S!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JerTheGeek, Oct 5, 2014.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Hello all,
    just though Id share some of my excitement. :D:D:D
    I have decided to go with the 5S as an upgrade from my 4S. I will hopefully be picking one up for around $375 (I hope) off of Amazon or Ebay for my bday in December. I am pretty excited! The 5S is a really big upgrade from the 4S! And as I thought about it, I realized that the 5S is as close as we'll get for now to a 4" iPhone 6. I mean, it has almost all of the features, besides Apple Pay and the improved camera. Anyway, just thought I'd share my excitement! Any one else upgraded or doing so soon from a 4S to a 5S?

2. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

3. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I just got my 5S back in March and I've enjoyed it very much. I had two 4's before and it's a huge upgrade.

4. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

You can get a 5 on ebay that is certified refurbished, comes with a 1 year Apple warranty and is eligible for Apple care. They may have 5s's by now too. Here's a link. I bought one from them and it is totally legit.

http://stores.ebay.com/Factory-Certified?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

5. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

I did too. It was time for a upgrade. My 4s was over two years old. I looked at the 6, but it was just too big for me. I don't spend my life looking at the phone. Got the 5s last week -- love it. Bigger screen, faster, the LTE gets me data reception in places I didn't with 3G.

6. Firocity macrumors member

You are cheating yourself out of an awesome phone by not going all the way up to the 6. The size is pretty easy to work with and the design is by far the best. I upgraded from the 5s and my wife still has the 5S, when I look at her phone now it looks so small. I would give the 6 a shot unless money is an issue.

7. Gincoma macrumors 6502

Maybe for you but not the OP, dont be a buzz kill :D Im still using my 5s until the 6s+ comes out, 5s is more then enough.

8. lke macrumors 6502a

If you don't have very small hands go directly to the iphone 6

The iphone 5S is prehistoric and after you have an iphone 6 it feels very old.

You will not regret buying the iphone 6, the bigger screen is great, also remember that you will have a faster iphone with a better camera.

9. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

I JUST did this.

After hearing the iPhone 6/6+(way too big for my tastes) remained at only 1Gig of RAM, and the fact it was only around 25% faster, I decided to do just as you are doing.

1st off, it will take a little while to get used to the bigger vertical, but not larger in width. Touch Id is interesting. Make sure to capture both thumbs, you'd be amazed at how often you use your non-dominant hand.

It really is a LOT faster in real world use, than the 4S.

Again, I am a week into the 4S->5S switch, and I couldn't be happier with my alternative to the iPhone 6, owning it outright, and going month to month on the cellular bill. It makes the absolute most sense to me. Ain't no way I'm spending $300+ more for the 6 in comparison.

If the 5S is exactly what you are looking for, then ignore the 6ers. Talking about the 5S as ancient tech, to those who use a 4S on a daily basis, is comical.

10. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

To be really honest with you 5S is currently the best bang for your buck (in my opinion) and let me explain why.

I've upgraded from the 5S and apart from screen size, I don't find the camera to be any better or any of the functions to run any smoother than it does on the 5S so for me, it was purely for the screen. I could go back to my 5S and not miss anything that the 6 has but the screen.

You'll love the 5S, enjoy!:)

11. lke macrumors 6502a

The keyboard is bigger, the slow-motion in 240 is not present in the iphone 5S and the processor sooner or later will make a big difference.

Also the 128GB of space are great.

12. fs454 macrumors 65816

The 6 is amazing and I'll recommend it at every turn, but honestly, if you're looking for a small phone, don't hesitate in going with the 5S. It's nearly as powerful as the bigger phones, the camera is great, and its overall still a very current piece of tech.