Getting More and More Careless With My Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mackandproud, Mar 24, 2013.

1. mackandproud macrumors 6502

Is this the pattern for you as well? I'm noticing that the longer I own my iphone, the less I 'baby' it.

I've now dropped it a few times (in my car, on the carpet), and even tossed my keys onto the phone while getting into my car.

I've got a nice case and screen protector, so all is well, but I'm a bit surprised that I've done almost a complete 180 from being exceptionally careful, to not giving the phone a second thought...

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

Same for most things we own, no? The novelty wears off. With that said, I don't baby my phone but I really try not to drop it.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't think I baby my iPhone either. I do take good care of it and try not sling it around.

4. simply stunning macrumors regular

I don't have a case on mine, So I am a little more careful with it, and yes the first scratch was a little bit of a bummer. Then 5 seconds later I said, well it still works, and is a great phone, who cares and moved on with life.

So I hear what your saying about not thinking about it, but that is because it isn't "new" anymore, and you don't associate it with a $ value when you look at it. You just look at it as your phone.

5. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

I don't think I baby my iPhone I just do a good care of it :)

6. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

It happens, you get to know what kind of spills the phone has taken and gotten through without a scratch and I guess your brain just assumes that it can keep taking that kind of abuse. Who knows, I guess it would be different for everyone.

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

That's the nice thing about cases, u drop it and wont get nicked up.

9. eyoungren, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I can't afford to be less careful. I don't have my iPhone 5 in a case, but I try to handle it carefully. If I break it, I'm out, at a minimum, $50 I don't have.

On the other hand, because of it's size and thinness my iPhone 5 fits in my hand far more comfortably and I feel I have a much better grip on it than my old HTC Touch Pro. That old Touch Pro saw multiple trips in freefall to concrete and linoleum, one time even skidding on it's face about three feet from me. So far so good with my i5 though.

10. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Yeah same thing happens to me with every product I own.

11. taedouni macrumors 65816

I have AC+, but now that iOS 6.1.3 is out, I'm extremely careful. I don't want to risk losing a jailbreak. My iPhone 5 is still in pretty great condition. I got it on launch day and I have been keeping it naked.

12. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I babied my iPhone 5 for a week after receiving it on launch day mainly because I didn't have a case at the time, but I'm not as cautious with it anymore.

13. Auxo macrumors 6502

I'm still 'babying' it actually. I'm just thinking about resale value.

14. JAT macrumors 603

I treat mine the exact same as I have always treated all my phones. And other electronics.

Sorry to be different. I'm used to it.

15. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

It's a mobile phone! It's not meant to be treated like a baby. What's the point in having a device that's meant to be designed to go practically everywhere with you if it's not built to last as such?

16. HiRisk macrumors 6502

I've dropped my phone multiple times. I don't need to worry about taking care of it since it's in a good protective case. I don't care about the looks of the phone as long as the damn operating system is good and I don't lose any functionality. My phone is no showroom queen.

17. canucksfan88 macrumors 6502a

canucksfan88

yea...i took my iphone 5 out of the case a few weeks ago and i dropped it. since then i dont really care.

the side bezel is scratched like hell though - not from the drop but from regular daily use.