Getting my iPhone 5 replaced, have a quick question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by japanator, Sep 29, 2012.

1. japanator macrumors newbie

I had my appointment with an Apple Genius today regarding my iPhone. Ended up being able to swap my phone because of overheating and battery issues. But the Apple Store didn't have stock at that time so they're gonna have to ship one over to their store for me to pickup. Does anyone know if the phone that I'll be getting will be a refurbished iPhone 5 or a brand new one? Thanks.

2. albertxp06 macrumors regular

It'll most likely be brand new. It's too early to have refurbished iPhone 5's

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Apple hold stock that is not listed for sale for just such eventualities as these...I doubt there are any re-furbs yet...You will get a new phone.

4. japanator thread starter macrumors newbie

I am glad to hear this! Thanks.

----------

Is it true that they have people checking the replacement phones to make sure they're fine?

5. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

I'd be surprised though that you would get the full retail packaging with your replacement phone, i.e., you will get a new phone and they will take your old phone, but you will end up with a phone that doesn't match the SN on the original box.

6. AFDoc macrumors 68030

It's a white box replacement and yes, they will check it. Silly for them not to.

7. ArztMac macrumors regular

ArztMac

Refurbished phones will start appearing within about 4-6 weeks after the initial release.