Getting my iPhone 5 replaced, have a quick question

japanator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
I had my appointment with an Apple Genius today regarding my iPhone. Ended up being able to swap my phone because of overheating and battery issues. But the Apple Store didn't have stock at that time so they're gonna have to ship one over to their store for me to pickup. Does anyone know if the phone that I'll be getting will be a refurbished iPhone 5 or a brand new one? Thanks.

japanator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
I am glad to hear this! Thanks.

----------

Is it true that they have people checking the replacement phones to make sure they're fine?

martiansoldier

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2010
I am glad to hear this! Thanks.

----------

Is it true that they have people checking the replacement phones to make sure they're fine?
I'd be surprised though that you would get the full retail packaging with your replacement phone, i.e., you will get a new phone and they will take your old phone, but you will end up with a phone that doesn't match the SN on the original box.

ArztMac

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
I had my appointment with an Apple Genius today regarding my iPhone. Ended up being able to swap my phone because of overheating and battery issues. But the Apple Store didn't have stock at that time so they're gonna have to ship one over to their store for me to pickup. Does anyone know if the phone that I'll be getting will be a refurbished iPhone 5 or a brand new one? Thanks.
Refurbished phones will start appearing within about 4-6 weeks after the initial release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.